💀 C𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 1: W𝔥𝔞𝔱 J𝔲𝔰𝔱 H𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔢𝔡? 💀

Art by ouxie on Danbooru

You layed in your large and downy bed, doing nothing but staring up at the ceiling. The sun was fully over the horizon now, and you were certain your parents were going to be mad at you for staying in bed for so long, but you didn't really care. Your stomach was rumbling with hunger, but you were going to make sure your parents were at their stations for work before you snuck into the kitchen.

"(Y/N)), you really should get up" Alabaster cawed, pawing your bed with her sharp front talons. You gave sat up and gave the albino griffin and scratch in between her two tufted ears. She clacked her beak and walking around your large room.

"We could sneak out for a bit, go for a fly?" She said, nodding her head towards you balcony door. You didn't say anything and simply flopped back down in bed. You couldn't see her, but you knew Alabaster was giving you a disapproving look. 

You heard her talons click along the floor, and then the creak of your door opening, and then the click as it shut. You sat up to see Alabaster had left your room. Once again, you fell back on to your bed and pulled your blankets up to your chin.

You had almost fallen asleep by the time Alabaster had returned. She used her strong beak to pull you out of bed, and in response and clung to her neck. Alabaster, already used to this, helped you get on to her back. You wrapped your arms around the griffin's neck, grateful for her downy and warm feathers.

"Don't fall asleep up there. If you do I'm going to drop you in the pond" She grumbled. You sat up and rested your head in between her ears, and gave her some scritches between her eyes.

"Your parents are working now, Eeni, Lucci and Enix are napping and Juggernaut is grazing in the field" You nodded and leaned over to help Alabaster to open the door again. Eeni, Lucci and Enix were the Chimera your dad had raised from when he was a child. They were a rare breed of Chimera, being the mixture between a bear, hyena and scorpion. They were extremely loyal to your dad, and got pissed off really easily.

 Juggernaut was the Jackalope your mother had raised, and was a lot more easy going than Eeni, Lucci and Enix, and he would also help your and Alabaster sneak out. You were just grateful that Alabaster was the only royal familiar that could fly.

The cooks in the kitchen smiled and waved when you and Alabaster came through the door. One of the cooks who dealt with the meat gave Alabaster a small stroke on her beak before sliding her a basket of bread rolls. Alabaster clucked a few times, a way of saying thanks, before grabbing a few of the rolls in her beak.

You slid off of the griffin as she grabbed a few more. Lily, one of the younger cooks, passed you a plate with (favourite breakfast food). You took it, smiled at her and thanked her. By now, Alabaster had finished the bread rolls and trotted over to your side, trying to grab your food from over you shoulder. You chuckled and pushed her away jokingly, and she gave you a fake offended look.

After bidding the rest of the chefs goodbye, you and Alabaster made your way into the gardens. Several of the gardeners nodded at you and bid you and Alabaster a good morning before going back to whatever they were doing.

You made sure no one was looking, and then crouched down and pulled away the branches from a hedge. Behind them was a hidden entrance that Juggernaut had helped you make. Although Alabaster was too big to fit through the hole, she had her ways to get in.

Behind the hedge was a small little garden you had been making for years. There were several different species of flowers, including a few rare species that could only be found inside the castles walls. There was a large rock slab that was already warmed up by the sun, and by the time you had made it to the garden, Alabaster had already made herself comfortable on the rock.