Chapter 2~ Doctors and Nurses

*

After finishing the Mountain Dew she bought before half of her money would be taken, she trudged back to the home, wishing that she would never return to that hell hole

After finishing the Mountain Dew she bought before half of her money would be taken, she trudged back to the home, wishing that she would never return to that hell hole. She knew Ms Clem never broke her promises, and she wasn't looking forward to the meeting.

Lilith had many scars on her body, although most of them were covered, at least Ms Clem had the decency to hurt her in places no one would see. There was, however, one just below her eyebrow that trailed dangerously close to her eye and one on her lip that never seemed to go away.

There were more, of course, but Lilith could count the visible ones on one hand. God only knows what Lilith would do if someone asked about them. So, one of the only things that she was thankful for, she was glad Ms Clem scarred her discretely.

Many scars disappeared, but some stayed, like the one on her lip but that would go eventually, however, there would be some that would stay with her forever. Some that would, and already have, take affect on not only her, but her destiny.

It's a strange thing, destiny, fate, realities and futures. Some believe in them and some don't, however, sometimes it can change someone's life, sometimes people have to spend all their days making their destiny come true and sometimes never succeed. Some abandon theirs and some try to destroy them. But no one has escaped their destiny before, it always finds its was back.

Futures are strange too, for when you are told of the future you try and stop it but that ends up making it happen. Some would give anything to know the future, know what is in store for them but when they are told, told of the horrors and twists of their path, they try to change it. The future has many paths, some blurry and others cut sharp as glass, but changing the past to fit your ideal future wouldn't be a good plan. Time is a fickle thing, you must realise, people who try to toy with fate do not end up with what they want.

As they say, ignorance is bliss.

And the scars deep, not in her skin, but her mind, her heart, her very soul have helped shape her destiny. People of the old religion, there are a very secluded few who practise the old religion, very few who believe it's stories and teachings, they have heard stories they have been told that one day a force shall rise. A girl who was given a choice as to what her destiny would become.  The story had been foretold many moons ago, in the time of the ancients, an ancient prophecy of a sorcerer with power so great that they could change so much.

These prophecies had been completed many times over and over again, but the prophecy said "a child" is what you may be thinking to yourselves. Why, it was "a child" just one, reborn again and again to complete their destinies again and again. In different bodies they stood, different lives with different people. Sometimes their destiny stood uncompleted for centuries until they returned again.

And they have returned, and their kin know so now, the old religion is alive and ready to rule once more.

And with the weight of all those destinies on her shoulders, Lilith walked to the home, hesitant to walk through the door as she knew what was going to happen. She knew the future as it were.