The Start Of New Tale

Author's POV:

It was like everyone's energy is down after Advi left but there is one person who is ineffective of all the circumstances, that is Adi. His whole concentration is either on his work or Nithya whom he feel is invading his mind without any reason.

New cases have been piling up on his and Shantanu's shoulders. Work has been hectic totally making them shred the blood instead of sweat.

Adi and Shantanu along with their subordinate Suresh are in the Home Minister's office. Adi and Shantanu looked at each other and sighed.

They are called inside once the meeting of the officials is over. They walked inside and saluted to the Home Minister who is sitting in his chair.

" Good Morning Sir." Greeted both the cops.

" Good morning Shantanu. Good morning Adithya." The Minister smiled.

Even though, both the friends's faces held a small smile, they are sweating profusely inspite of the AC in the room.

For sure they know that, their Home Department is all set to blast an another bomb.

" The reason why you called us here is sir?" Shantanu posed.

" Yeah! I'm coming to that IPS Shantanu Saxena." The home minister said coldly making both of them groan. They know, if he use their full names along with their designations, they should be ready with a pit dug open.

" I want you both to go under cover for two months and unvail the secrets of the Dons of the Meena Bazaar. Here is the list of Dons and the list of all the illegal activities taking place there. 4 more cops are gonna work with you. And you can take Suresh with you." The Home Minister declared making the super cops nod.

They got into the car while the driver drove to the suicide spot. All the while, Shantanu's lips are thinned with no expression on his face.

" Are you ok Shantanu?" Adi asked placing his hand over his shoulder.

" Yeah. I'm." Shantanu tried to end the conversation short.

" Then why are your eyes wet?" Adi asked looking directly into his eyes.

" It's Anvi's 4th birthday next month and she requested me to spend some time with her. You know Adi, she said that she misses me a lot. I feel like I'm not able to give enough time for my daughter. She lacks my love Adi. I hardly see her." Shantanu spoke and a lone tear slipped his eye.

Adi's heart thudded listening to his friend. He gave a thought whether his children too are going to have the same miserable life as of Anvi's.

" Shreya never complained about me spending enough time with her. You know right how we have started our married life? She always supported me. She used to smile at me hiding those painful tears Adi. Our first anniversary was a disaster. I said I hate her. And the second, I was called by the Himachal government. The third, I don't know Adi, I feel like a robot. I never got enough time with my family." Shantanu finally broke. Adi held him even before he kiss the ground.

" I understand Shantanu." Adi tried consoling.

" No. You don't Adi. You'll only understand when you have your own wife and a kid atleast where either of them crave for your presence but can't have." Saying this Shantanu walked to the suicide spot.

Both of them did few formalities and looked for the witnesses along with the forensic department.

They are hell tired travelling from one place to another to meet the people related to them.

" When are we supposed to leave?" Adi asked.

" Tomorrow morning." Shantanu answered monotonously.