Chapter 18 - Epilogue Two

- Chapter 18 - Epilogue Two -
Warnings: Blood, guns, abuse, knives
Third Person POV

Snyder pulls out a gun, and aims it at Oscar, who freezes, as George pulls out a knife, grabs Race, and holds the knife to Race's throat, with Race's back against him.

Race also freezes, as he and Oscar share another look.

'Don't do something stupid, Oscar.' Race was silently telling him. 'Don't risk your life for me. I can't live without you.'

Oscar just looked away. He wasn't sure how his plan would work out, but he was gonna try.

He had to.

It was the only way they both had a chance, even if it was just a small one, of making it out of this situation alive.

Race watched in horror as Oscar ignored him. He wanted to shout for Oscar.

And his father could see this. "Do anything and both you and your stupid boyfriend are as good as dead."

"My boyfriend isn't stupid." Race snaps back, whispering. "And being dead isn't a good thing."

George holds the knife closer to Race's throat, effectively shutting him up and making him freeze as he felt a little bit of blood drip down his neck.

"Make your choice now" Snyder states. The Newsies were shocked.

Most of them looked between Race and Oscar, not knowing what to do.

Some glared daggers into Snyder, Weasel, and George's souls.

You know that saying, 'if looks could kill, (blank person) would be six feet under'?

Yeah, take that and multiply it by over two hundred Newsies.

Oscar and Morris share a look.

Morris was silently pleading with Oscar to stay safe, but he knew Oscar had a plan that could either kill both him and Race, or save both of them.

"Please don't kill yourself, Osc" Morris whispers, closing his eyes as he silently prayed.

"I love you so much, Mo. Thank you for everything. You were the best brother I could've ever asked for." Oscar whispers, tears stinging his eyes. He turns to Jack, Spot, Albert, and a few others. "Guys-"

"Oscar, you can't do this" Jack states. Other Newsies chorus similar things and concerns.

"You can't risk this" Spot adds. Oscar smiles softly at them.

"Thank you for everything, Jack, Albert, other Manhattan Newsies who I have learned many things about over the years. You seem like amazing brothers." Oscar turns to Spot, who was about to cry. "Thank you Spot, for taking care of us, and for letting me meet your 'brothers' who were amazing as well. Take care of my brother."

Oscar turns back to Snyder, Weasel, and George, as others try to tell him that there are other ways and that he doesn't have to do this.

He just blocked them out.

He makes eye contact with Race, who was throwing him a look as to say, 'don't you dare risk yourself for me. I love you too much for me to let you do that and actually be okay with it'.

Oscar just shook his head, turning back to Snyder.

Oscar put his hands over his head, causing Weasel to smirk. "Don't hurt my family and I'll come with you willingly."

Snyder smirked. He didn't lower the gun, like Oscar had expected. Oscar knew he wouldn't lower the gun.

"See? Your stupid, little Gay friend is risking his life to save his boyfriend and you all. Isn't that sweet?" Snyder asks in a sickly sweet and very sarcastic voice, as he looked around the Newsies.