Chapter 12 - Race - "I Will Break You."

- Chapter 12 - "I Will Break You." -
Warning: Soaking, Kidnapping
Third Person POV

The footsteps came to a stop in front of Race, and he heard someone pull a chair out and sit in it.

Someone else took of his blindfold.

Race was immediately blinded by the bright light in the room. There was an overhead light turned on, but the window, which had bars on it, was dark, meaning it was night now.

That made him wonder how long he had been out, and how long he had been in the house.

He looked around, taking in his surroundings. He realized that this was where Jack stayed when Pulitzer threatened them.

The only thing that was different was that the windows had bars on them, and more things had changed to ensure that Race wouldn't escape.

Race finally turned his attention to the two men who were in front of him. Weasel, and Snyder...

Race's eyes widened before he could stop them. He immediately tried to put on a poker face, but Snyder's evil laugh told him it wasn't working.

"You tricked me." Race snarls out, his voice quieter than he had wanted it to be. "I knew I shouldn't have trusted you, but I decided to be nice, and look where that got me."

"You street rats don't deserve kindness" Weasel retorts. Race clenches his fists to stop himself from lashing out on Weasel.

They caught him on the worst day; he was in a terrible mood.

"What do you want?!" Race snaps. Snyder shakes his head.

"Uh, uh, I wouldn't use an attitude today. After all, you're defenseless against us" Snyder tells Race, who mentally curses. He hated to admit is, but Snyder was right.

"Where are Oscar and Morris?" Weasel asks Race, who shakes his head, trying to play it off.

"Why would I know? Or even care? They beat up us 'street rats', we don't care about them" Race states. It hurt him to say this stuff about them, especially when he and Oscar were dating, but he couldn't let Weasel and Snyder know.

"Quit lying. We saw you and Oscar kiss, plus there's the fact that he ran to you after he was punished for saving you" Weasel states. Race's eyes widen, they know?

"You know Race, it's illegal to like someone of your own gender. You could get years in the Refuge for that" Snyder taunts Race, taking out a knife as he paces in front of Race.

"It's not like it'll change anything, you've already taken me to the Refuge for no reason at all" Race snaps. Snyder quickly makes a cut on Race's forearm, causing Race to hiss in pain, as he tries not to start crying.

"You were stealing" Snyder shrugs, focusing his vision on the blood on the knife.

"You're a liar" Race mumbles, as he bites his bottom lip and grits his teeth in pain.

"Maybe I am," Snyder starts, turning his terrifying gaze to Race. "but no ones gonna trust a street rat over me."

Race looks away from Snyder, his gaze was terrifying to Race, and bringing back memories Race had hoped to forget.