Chapter 2- Day Of Gathering

"Happy birthday, your highness," bowed a royal.

"Thank you very much," Mina attempted to kindly thank.

"Happy 18th birthday, m'lady," a prince went up and bowed.

"Yes, thank you," she continued.

"Are you tired, Mina?" Kai asked, noticing the princess's failed act.

"Yes, and even more so after seeing off all of these people..."

Mina slightly sighed, thinking about her moment with Momo earlier. Her face became red as she thought of her bold moves towards her. She couldn't believe how much influence the romance books had on her.

"Looks like that's the last of everyone. I'll go to sleep now," Mina said, rising from her throne.

"Of course, dear, have a good sleep," the queen wished.

As Mina arrived to the dressing room, her servant changed her into comfy pajamas, wishing 'goodnight' and 'happy birthday' as she left. Mina went off to her bedroom, plopping onto her bed. She snuggled into her plump sheets, hugging it tightly.

With the stars twinkling and the moon shining, the princess drifted into a peaceful slumber.

Morning arrived and Mina suddenly woke up from her sleep, groaning as the sunlight peered right at her eyes. She got up, checking the clock. She sat back against her bedframe, watching the clock's arm tick down. As she did so, she counted down from when her servant was going to knock on her door. "Three... two... one..."

Exactly three knocks sounded, followed by, "Princess! Time to get up!"

"Coming!" Mina called back, opening the door.

"Well, your highness, you look better as from yesterday."

"Yes, yes, thank you for another compliment," Mina giggled, walking to the bathroom. "What will we be doing today?"

"Your family has just been invited to a royal dinner being held by Princess Sana," the servant answered. "My, she is a beautiful young lady."

"Hm... so this may be our gathering," Mina whispered to herself.

After getting washed up and fitted into a maroon halter neck dress, Mina went to the dining hall, waiting for her parents and brother to arrive. She sat there, looking out towards the courtyard. It looked beautiful with the golden reflection of the sun shining off the marble that was complimented by colorful flowers.

"My, I cannot wait to see Princess Sana today," the queen came strolling in. "Oh, Mina, you came here early!"

"Yes, I was anticipating this day," Mina answered, watching the maids put the platters of food out.

"Thanks for waiting," Kai thanked, taking a seat next to his sister.

The royal family thanked for their food, and began eating heartily.

"We will leave when the clock strikes half past six," the king announced.

With this news, Mina continued eating, looking forward to the day ahead. She ate her remaining greens, thanking the maids for the food.

The maids watched Mina clean her area, rushing over and quickly saying, "Oh, your highness, we will take care of these for you!"

Mina giggled, handing her plates to the maids who had their jaws opened and eyes full of adoring sparkles. "You work so hard, here's a little less work for this morning."

The maids grabbed the plates, muttering to themselves. She's a goddess.

Mina turned towards her family, bowing, and wishing them a good first meal of the day. As she exited the dining hall, she made her way to her room, greeting her servant.