Chapter 7- Night of Bereavement

"I... I am. I made that sword for a.. close associate of mine," Nayeon answered, still staring at the sword. "But... that means... do you know where Jeongyeon is?"

"She... helped us escape. We do not know if she made it out or not," Mina guiltily looked down.  "She sacrificed herself."

Nayeon knelt down, grasping the hilt. She unsheathed the sword, looking at its edges. "That idiot, Jeongyeon. She always found a way to put others first."

Dahyun and Jihyo looked down, trying to keep their composure.

"Jeongyeon sent us to you. Her service will never be forgotten," Momo said, her voice cracking.

Nayeon sheathed the sword, handing it back to Mina. "I... I'm going to call this a night."

"...Me too. Have a good rest of your night, Momo, Mina," Dahyun quietly muttered.

Jihyo knelt down to Mina and Momo, sighing. "Jeongyeon was very close to us as her family helped the village prosper. But, the girls should be okay by tomorrow. Get a good night's sleep, you two."

"Goodnight, Jihyo," the couple both said.

Jihyo left with a small smile, walking out of the room.

"Mina? Will you sleep on this bed with me?" Momo asked, blushing as she did so.

Mina smiled at Momo's cuteness. "Of course, Momo."

The princess slipped into the sheets, pulling it over her and Momo. She stared into Momo's eyes, seeing them tear up again. In response, she hugged Momo, listening to her quiet whimpers.

As she slept, the escape from the kingdom played over and over.

Morning arrived as the girls started to wake up. Birds chirped and the sound of working people was heard from outside.

"Good morning, Momo," Mina whispered, moving Momo's hair from her face.

"Morning, princess," Momo muttered, closing her eyes as Mina continued to fix her hair.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Mm... I did," Momo drifted back to sleep, holding Mina close.

Mina giggled, letting Momo sleep against her chest.

"Good morning, girls!" Jihyo burst into the room, scaring Momo out of her sleep. She stopped midway into the room, staring at the girls.

"G-Good morning, Jihyo," Mina waved awkwardly. "Is... is there something wrong?" Without an answer, Mina looked down, realizing the position they were in. She quickly moved to the side of the bed, standing up.

Momo widened her eyes, finally realizing. "Ah! Jihyo, it's not what it looks like!"

"Are you sure about that?" Jihyo teasingly said. She raised an eyebrow, giving them a look.

"W-Well.. I..." Momo muttered, trying to find the words.

Jihyo burst into a hearty laughter, saying, "I'm just messing with you girls. Let's get you introduced to some folk around here. They're very curious about you two."

Upon hearing this information, Mina figured she would need to keep her identity a secret for now. "Jihyo? You didn't tell others that I'm a princess, did you?"