Chapter 12- Day of Amalgamating

With the battle over and the village folk still on the move, Mina and Momo sat in the carriage of the Yoo Family.

Many fought until their last breath and many returned critically injured. Mina sighed from this fact, looking around at the village folk and her friends.

Both Tzuyu and Jihyo did their best to treat the wounded volunteers, using the supplies they packed. Dahyun was mildly injured during the battle, with Chaeyoung tending to them carefully. Nayeon stayed close to Jeongyeon, further taking care of her.

"How is your wrist, Mina?" Momo asked, lightly touching Mina's bandages.

"It... still hurts quite a bit, but I'll be fine. What about your hands?"

Momo clenched her fists continuously, feeling for pain. "I didn't exactly do much, so it could've been worse."

Abruptly, Mina embraced Momo tightly. "It's over, but it won't be the end, Momo."

"I know, princess. But we'll keep fighting back. Right now, you need to rest."

Complying silently, Mina rested her head on Momo, trying to clear her mind. She grabbed Momo's hand, bringing it up slowly to her lips.

"M-Mina... there are people around," Momo whispered in a panic, a chill running down her back as Mina kissed the palm of her hand.

"The sun has nearly set, it's too dark for them to notice," Mina whispered back. But, to lessen Momo's embarrassment, she leaned her head into her lover's hand, feeling the warmth caressing her skin. "Thank you for coming back for me... I wouldn't have stood a chance against my brother if you hadn't returned."

Momo chuckled lightly, feeling her cheeks redden even more. "It was just in the spur of the moment..."

"You don't give yourself enough credit, my love," Mina said whilst pinching Momo's cheek. "Sleep now, okay?"

Momo hummed in response, leaning her head further onto Mina's shoulder. It was warm and comfortable, their love blocking the cold wind that brushed against their bodies.

Tightening her grip on Momo's hand, Mina felt her heart race, images of the war replaying in her head. She was left in a trance, until the little breaths sounded from Momo. Mina sighed, trying to shake off her thoughts. With a while left until ultimate safety, Mina finally shut her eyes, feeling nothing but the comfort of her lover.

The village arrived to a large, underground tunnel, amazed by its depth. Each carriage lined up on the sides of the tunnel with everyone unloading their belongings.

Mina and Momo helped the Yoo family, awaiting further commands.

"Jeongyeon, what will happen now that we've reached our destination?" Momo questioned, bringing down various boxes.

"My mother and father are going to go up through the end of the tunnel. Apparently, there's a passage for them to get straight into the castle."

"Castle? What castle?"

"Oh, right... do you know the Minatozaki family? This is right under their castle," Jeongyeon chuckled.

"What?!" Mina exclaimed. The thick brushes of foliage did well in keeping the path hidden, but she never realized just how thick the woods were from inside and out. She had no idea they were approaching Sana's castle.

"Quite a surprise, isn't it?" Jeongyeon chuckled, carrying out small items.

"Jeongyeon, stop, you still need to rest, you know?" Nayeon scolded, grabbing the various objects from Jeongyeon's arms.

"Come on, Nayeon, it's been days already, I'm—"
Jeongyeon raised her arms in defeat, stepping back as Nayeon's frown grew deeper.

"Good, glad we could come to a compromise."