twenty six

I stood by the door with my luggage as I waited for someone to answer the door.

Taylor had dropped me off and told me she couldn't stay because she had something to do.

I didn't want to be in a foster home but I couldn't run away because I was very far away from where I used to live.

I don't even know this area.

I knocked onto the door one last time.

"Coming!" A voice yelled out from the inside

I stepped back from the door when it opened.

I was amazed at what I saw next.

The woman was beautiful,she had long black hair that reached her waist.

Her eyes were the same as mine but hers were darker and she had tanned skin.

Her body was just like the ones I saw on magazines.

"Oh you must be Josephine." She said while smiling" I'm Veronica." She said while giving me her hand to shake which I did

"Come in." She said while moving away from the door

I took my luggage and walked in the house. It was quite big, probably she lives with someone.

"Follow me." She said and I did

She showed me around the house then lastly she showed me my room.

"I didn't know what color you like so I painted it grey." She said

"No,it's fine I kinda like it." I said

She sighed in relief and said"I ordered Chinese food, is it fine with you?"

"Yeah." I answered back

"You seem sad." She said" do you not like it here?"

I kept quiet and stared at the wall painting.

"I know how it feels to leave everything behind." She said"I was once like you."

I frowned my eyebrows in confusion.

What does she means she was once like me?

She looked at my confused face and said" I lost my parents when I was 5 so I was put in a foster care system but luckily they found some relatives of mine."

"But why would you want to take care of me?" I asked

She sighed and said" It gets lonely sometimes and plus I wanted some company." She said

I looked down and sighed.

Everything would have been easier if they would let me stay with Sunwoo.

"Anyways my uncle is coming." She said"I'm sure he would like you."

I nodded my head.

"Do you need help?" She asked while looking at my luggage

"Thank you but no,it's not that much so you don't have to waste your time."I said

"No,it's fine." She said" we can get to know each other while we pack your belongings."

Veronica helped me pack all my stuff while she talked about her life and other unnecessary things but I think I got a little bit comfortable with her.

The door bell rang, interrupting the two of us.

"I think his there." She said"you can continue,I'm coming back."

I nodded my head and she left the door.

Soon I heard my name being called out and I went downstairs.

Once I was downstairs it felt like deja vu all over again but this time the man was much older maybe in his 40s.

"This is my uncle Lorenzo Woods." She said which made me almost gasp out loud"and this is Josephine."

Why am I worried? It's not like I'm related to them anyways.

The man looked scary but he had stared at me as if he had seen a ghost or something then he gave me a small smile before talking to Veronica which I know knows as Veronica Woods.

It suits her.

Taylor pov

The phone rang and I picked it up.

"Is everything done?" He asked

"Yes." I said

"Good job,now everything is done you can come back." He said before hanging up

I sighed before dropping my phone onto the car seat next to me.

If he finds out what I did he will kill me.

This is all Jessica's fault. She's lucky I've got a sweet spot for her.

Josephine's pov

We ate dinner together with Veronica's uncle who wasn't so bad after all.

"You should visit your cousins,I'm sure they miss you and you can bring her along." He said to her

"I will,when I have time." She said

Her uncle sighed and he looked disappointed. He looked at me and smiled.

"Looking at you reminds me of someone." He said" she was very beautiful. No one could compare to her."

It sounds like he loved her.

"What did you say your surname was?" He asked

"Anderson." I said

He hummed before turning on Veronica.

"I should be going now." He said while looking at his watch"I hope you really do come visit this time."

"I will try." She said before standing up to escort him out

She came back and I helped her with the dishes.

"You do really look like her." She mumbled under her breath

"Did you say something?" I asked because I couldn't hear what she said

"Don't worry it's nothing." She said while smiling

I nodded my head and continued.