eight

" How is school?" He asked me

" Uhh, it's fine." I said

"  I remember when I was in school,life was easier back than." He said while resting his hand on top of the couch.

I nodded my head because I had nothing to say.

" Anyways." He said while bringing his hand back down and it fell onto my thigh.

I quickly stood up and said" I have to go help my mother."

I dashed to the kitchen.

" What's wrong sweetie you look sick?" My mother asked

I looked at her and was about to say something but I held it back. What if what he did was a mistake and I'm taking things wrongly.

I wouldn't want my mother to be sad.

I smiled at her and said" it's probably because I didn't have enough sleep."

" Oh sweetie you know what since it's a weekend you can go sleep after we have lunch." She said" is that okay with you?"

" Yes." I said

Instead of sleeping I will have plenty of time to finished the new book I'm reading.

I sat flat on my stomach onto of my bed whilst reading my new book. Nothing is more relaxing than reading a book.

I wonder if life was like how books describe it to be. Everyone has a happy ending and they have nothing missing in their lives.

But my life isn't, I wished I had a father or even knew how he looks like.

I yawned before closing my book and putting it aside.

only if mother never kept everything a secret.

I stretched my arms out as I woke up from my deep slumber. I looked outside the window and saw the night view.

Ugh, I won't be able to sleep anymore.

I switched on the bedroom light and turn off the fan.

Back at my old home I used to be scared when I was up late. Mother used to tell me scary stories but now I think I would be fine.

I made it to the kitchen and drank some water.

Who knew there was something worse than the dark...