fourteen

" Look what we have here." A deep voice said

Nick wrapped his arm around my waist and held it tight.

" A little birdie told me you hurt my sister." He said" you know we have given you so many chances but you just seem to piss me off."

Nick clenched his jaw.

" This time we are not going easy on you." He said threateningly

Before he left he looked at me confusingly.

" Who was that?"I asked" he looked old."

" That was Apollo Woods, he is Nikita's older brother." Nick said

Nick tighten his grip on my waist causing me to hiss in pain.

" Oh sorry." He loosen his grip

" No,it's fine." I said

For some reason Nick looked worried.

" I think we should leave." He said

" Why?" I asked"we just got here."

He looked annoyed and I had no idea what I did for him to be annoyed.

" Josie can you just listen. I know you don't know much about this place and the way it works but I need you to listen to me." He explained" if we don't leave now things would get ugly."

Why?

" Okay." I said

I tried not to question him anymore. He might find me annoying if I keep on questioning him and plus the moment we shared didn't last long, I'm sure he really didn't mean it.

I'm sure of it.

Nick brought me to a fast food restaurant and I couldn't help but to wonder why he did.

" I thought you would be hungry so I brought you here." He probably saw the confusion written all over my face so he answered." You could consider this as a date." He said

A date!

I have never been on a date. What if I act weird or embarrass myself.

All of a sudden he been to laugh.

" You really cute you know that." He said while laughing which caused me to blush

I looked down at the plate of food in front of me and smiled.

After we had our so called date we took a walk.

" Hey Josie." Nick called" there's this thing bugging me and I would like you to answer this."

" Yeah go ahead." I said

" Are you somehow related to the Woods?" He asked me

Why would he think of that. The only family I have is my mother and that's all.

" No,why?" I asked

" It's just, you look alike." He said

" What makes you think that?" I asked with curiosity

" You have the same eyes,the same hair and you almost look like Emory." He said

" Who's Emory?" I asked him

" His part of the Woods too." He responded

I hummed in response, it's probably just a coincidence.

" I don't think so." I said

He stayed quiet for awhile until he said" you said you have no idea who your father is right."

" Yeah." I answered

" So this is a great opportunity to find out who he is." He said" you never know,you might be sharing the same father as them."

" That's crazy." I said

If we were related why are they making mother suffer and they never bothered to show themselves.

" That would be weird if you were related because I kinda don't want to get involved with them." Nick said

" Why?" I asked

" There are not good people and getting involved with them will just give me depression." He said

I stayed quiet and thought. What could be so bad about them.

I woke up early the next day to find my so called babysitter drunk. She fell asleep on the couch and I didn't bother to wake her up. It's not that I dislike her it's just that I don't feel like it.

I took out some snacks and put them in my backpack. Ever since Eric moved in there was more food in the house and other unnecessary things but I wonder when they are coming back.

Even though it's has just been one day without my mother I can't help but to miss her.

I heard the babysitter groan and that was my queue to leave.

On my way to school I thought about what Nick said.

Finding my father won't be that easy, he might even be dead and me being related to the Woods is just a false accusation.

I shook my head and sighed.

Things would be easier if my so called father was still around.