Chapter 3

They reached the office. While Avni got down and moved in first whereas Neil went to park his car and came a while later. Avni seated on her place casually and saw him moving into his cabin.

"Ahem... Sighting our new boss? " She heard a sound from behind while her eyes widen and turned to saw Juhi.

"No!! " She said in response earning a teasing glare from her.

"I caught you! " She said while Avni rolled her eyes.

"Juhi!!.. I was just casually looked at him... And ...and nothing else! " She said shrugging off while juhi chuckled.

She continued her work. And after that they all gathered in meeting room to discuss about the new project. Avni as usual went with ali and juhi and waited for her colleagues to gather.

Soon everyone came and her senior colleague introduced Riya to Neil as she was off yesterday.

Neil started with meeting while everyone were listening to him. Her eyes casually caught on Riya who was oogling at Neil. She furrowed her brows looking at her and looked at Neil who was explaining about the project. She then glared at Riya. 

"Hmm... Avni, you okay? " Neil asked her while she became conscious of what she was doing and looked at him scratching her head.

"Yeahh.. Yeah.. Sorry! " She said and planned to focus only on the project.

....

"So yeah... We need a great eye catchy designing for this project!....i will be expecting more from graphic team " He said looking at everyone.

"Ahh!!.. Then there is no tension! Avni gonna always rock on this... " Ali said chuckling while Neil smiled and looked at Avni.

"Great!! " He said

"Don't worry Neil... We will also give our cent percent! " Riya said in her sugary coated voice while Avni rolled her eyes.

"For that you should not take often day off Riya! " Said Ali while everyone laughed hearing him making her glare at him.

"Fine guys!!.. I don't wanna ruin your lunch break... " Neil said while everyone nodded and started moving. While Avni took her things and about to move

"Neil... You wanna join with us? " Ali asked him while Avni's eyes widen. She turned to look at them.

"Yeahh Neil.. Come on!! " Said others from their team while he looked at Avni who was not looking at him.

"No guys, you carry on... And Thank you!" He said smiling thinking that Avni isn't comfortable with it.

"Areey Neil... Come na.. We are team mates... Don't be shy okay!!.. " Riya said moving near him while Avni looked at Riya annoyed. Neil looked at her while she too looked at him.

"Come Neil! " Avni said looking at him while he smiled.

"Okay!! " He said while she smiled. Juhi looked at Avni and Neil in suspicious way.

They kept their things on the place and left to cafeteria. Juhi and Avni moved towards cafeteria and saw Neil , Ali and few other sat together.

They moved to sat together but in mean while Riya came and sat beside Neil.

"I don't wanna sit beside that Makeup ki dukaan... "She mumbled to juhi while she laughed and she sat beside her and Avni beside juhi and was opposite to Neil.

Neil looked at her who was in her phone. They ordered and enjoying their lunch.

" Guys!! " Said one of the team mates of Avneil while everyone looked at him.

"Finally my wedding date is fixed!! " He said while everyone shouted cheering him up and congratulated him while Neil and Avni looked at each other. They together looked away. Everyone started with his wedding topic and they didn't looked at each other feeling very unpleasant.

......

It's been 8 at night

Avni reached home and opened with her respective key. She saw the lights on indicating that Neil is in home. Her gaze shifted to his room which was closed. She then locked the door and went to her room.

Within half an hour, she came back after getting freshen up. She saw the table which was arranged with food. She smiled as she knows who done this. She turned and found Neil with plates in his hand.

"Hii! " He said smiling

"Hii.. " She said while he placed the plates on the table.

"Ummm...  Warning: You can eat this food as I didn't make it...uhh..a good warning I guess! " He said while she let out a laugh.

"Thanks for the warning... I was really afraid thinking that it might be cooked by you... " She said teasing him while his jaw drop down. She laughed seeing his expression while he just admires her.

They sat opposite to each other.

"I'll fetch water... " Avni said while he nodded and moved to kitchen.

She came back and sat on the seat and suddenly the power goes off while Avni hold his hand which was on the table as she got afraid suddenly. Neil looked at her. Within few minutes, she became calm and took her hands away.

"Avni.. You okay? " He asked her

"Yeahh... " She replied not looking at him and pinned her hair behind her ears.

"Uhhh... Umm... Candles... I'll.. Fetch candles... " She took her phone and on-ed the torch and left to kitchen.

She came back having few candles with her and found him nowhere. She turned and saw him in porch and he shifted the table to the porch. She moved near him and saw the moon which was giving bright light.

"Candles? " She asked while he turned to look at her

"Give me... " He said having it from her and placed it on the centre of the table.

The darkness at the surrounding and the moon light and the light of candles taking them to different vibe. It was like candle light dinner. Avni smiled seeing the set up.

They sat opposite of each other and served themselves and started their dinner. He have ordered pasta for them and she remembered the time when they first time went for the restaurant where she ordered the same thing and wondered that he still remembers everything.

After their deal, They barely spent time with each other. They were working on different companies. Avni used to go office early. So at the time he must be sleeping. As Neil's timing is different, at the time he woke up Avni would have already left to work and when he come home late after work, Avni would have slept. They didn't know why but they didn't had any involvement to know each other. What mattered the most to them was the deal which they had. They thought the same thing that they were not ready for any of this responsibilities of being husband and Wife.

They had their dinner silently.

XXXX

Here is the next update

Hope you guys liking this story

So guys, I don't think I could able to finish it in 5 shots.... So it may extend a little

Do drop your reviews

Much love

Reza... ✨