Chapter 12

Avni was working in the office. She sighed leaning back on her chair being exhausted. She took her phone and looked at the time which is past 8 pm. She looked at Neil cabin and wondered why he didn't came out from evening.

She sighed closing the door and it's been 2 weeks since everything happened and it changed like before. The same gap, The same awkwardness and the same typical strangers Not like that friends.

It's been difficult not only for Avni but also for Neil. But no one shows to each other and was bearing silently.

She opened the whatsApp to text Neil.

"Hey...Neil... Shall we go home together? "

Her fingers were moving to and from to send but she was hesitating. She deleted it in a go and kept the phone on the table.

Whereas on the other hand

"Hey Avni... Hmm... When will you come home. Need to talk something : )"

His finger moved to and fro to send the text and as expected he deleted the text and sighed. He went to his room and lyed on the bed thinking how to say.

Avni packed her things and Avni and Juhi headed towards the lift and saw her colleagues waiting. They exchanged a casual talk.

"Hey...any Guess about your new group head or will Siddhart have a come back?" One of her collegue asked them while Avni looked at her and was confused.

"Sorry... I didn't understand.. " Avni replied her.

"You don't know Avni?... Ohh yeah you were not in the cafe right!.... There were talks going on that Neil was given the offer of going back to delhi branch and he accepted I guess...so he is moving back to Delhi branch again....Tomorrow they will say officially I guess..." Avni was shocked heating her. She looked at Juhi to check whether she knows about this or not and Juhi made her confirm that she hid thing from her. She left from the lift as soon as the door gets opened.

"Avni... Avni! " Juhi called her while she walked fastly.

"Avni... Listen to me" She hold her hand she stopped and turned to see her. Juhi can understand that she is so angry.

"I didn't say it because...  I didn't want you to know this thing from me....Even I was shocked too" She didn't said because she knows that something is going on between two and she don't want to create the misunderstanding further by telling it. She wants Neil to say to her.

"Juhi... My cab is here! " She said and left without saying anything.

After sometime

She reached home and opened the door and saw him in porch as like he is waiting for her. He stepped out of the porch giving a smile while she looked at him angrily but tried to hide it.

"Hey Avni.. I was waiting for you... " He said while she didn't said anything.

"Huhmm... Can we have a talk? " He asked further as he was fully prepared to say to her.

" No!!.... " She said iimmediately.

"I know Neil... I know what you want to say... " She said while he looked at her as there will be a official conformation tomorrow only. She was about to go inside her but stopped coming near him.

"You know what Neil... You don't have to say this personally to me.... I am your colleague after all.... Anyway I will be getting the information tomorrow like others " She gave a tight smile and about to go while he hold her hand.

"Avni.... I wanted to tell you this... But I don't know how to say... " He looked down as he can understand that she is angry. He wanted to tell her early but he don't have that courage and today he pushed himself and prepared to tell her.

"Yeah... That's what I am saying.... Don't tell me anything......You don't have to!!!" She said looking at him and currently she is acting like a typical girlfriend or a wife who was angry at him for hiding things from her. She moved back from him letting herself go from his hold.

"Avni... I am sorry... " He said looking at her

"No... No... Don't be.... Who am I to you?... You don't need to be sorry Neil... I am your roomate and colleague only and that's your personal life... I am only mad that I am getting involved in your life... " She said chuckling.

"Avni... Don't say like that! " He spat back immediately and his tone raised a little.

"Then what Neil? ....The discussion would have started before right....but you didn't even care to tell me! " She yelled back at him. Totally forget about everything. She was not even prepared for this. She was not even ready to see him move out.

"Avni... I wanted to...but I don't know how to say... " He said her while she didn't said anything and looked away

"I don't want us to argue...Avni I.." Before be could even say Avni spoke.

"Yesss... I am only one arguing here...." She replied irritated.

"I am not blaming you Avni....Its my fault...i should have said to you..." He said her

"No... It's not!!... " She spat back.

" Avni...Why are you talking .... " He stopped in mid as he don't wanna argue further as he knows she is short tempered and currently she is so angry on him.

"May be I should talk to you later... " He said looking at her.

"Your decision is right Neil!.... You should go back! " She said and left to her room and shut the door with a thud.

Neil closed the door hearing the sound. He don't wanna go either but he accepted his offer because he don't wanna make things more worse between them. It was  getting difficult for him. He don't want her to be like this being silent and awkward like this. Those days remembered him about their wedding where they used to be like that as a strangers. So he thought may be she can live comfortably when he is gone. He was thinking everything and closed his eyes and lay on his bed and tears passed down his cheeks.

Whereas on the other hand.

Avni was sitting on the floor near the bed and unknown tear passed down her cheeks.

"May be he is not comfortable living with me..... These 2 weeks  I literally felt like we were that Past Neil and Avni who used to be Husband and Wife...... I want those days back where we felt so comfortable with each other.... Where we had every dinner with each other happyily and pulling each other legs.... Those nights where we worked together in porch .... May be it's my fault that I developed feelings for him.... " She wiped her tears and just hugged her knees, placing her head on her knees curled like a ball.

XXXX

Holaaa everyone ☺

It's my birthday treat from my side.

Hope you enjoyed this update💖

I know everyone is waiting for Humdard update. I will update it soon💖.

Do drop your reviews

Much love

Reza... ✨