I | Licht

The prickling coldness made you shiver as your body curled up underneath the blanket

The prickling coldness made you shiver as your body curled up underneath the blanket. But the coldness and darkness that enveloped your room was your comfort since you were little.

It was strange in the eyes of others since for them, the first symbol of comfort would be light and warmth. Moreover, it signifies salvation for those who were deprived of it.

However, the light only reminded you of the blinding bulbs in court rooms while the warmth made you remember the times that you left your cold room—which back then, terrifies you instantly.

The only comfort that you had as a child was music, coldness, darkness and worlds beyond fiction novels and shows. That's why it was no wonder that you got hooked on watching anime. Even when you're already working as an author, you were still a huge otaku.

For you, a great story will always make you imagine how you want to live there. Because of this, you've made bestselling fantasy books and became one of the most renowned writer.

That right, what you're always looking for in a book—especially a fantasy one—is if they could make your imagine run wild and pretend that you live there in your mind.

You have certainly achieved that with the anime that you just watched: Black Clover. It's a story of a magic-less boy aiming to be a Wizard King of the Clover Kingdom, where magic is everything.

"Licht...the elf village...why do they have to die?!" You whimpered as you buried your face into your pillow.

Black Clover certainly made you want to go there, but right now you were in pain. Your pillows absorbed tears of anguish as your heart ached. You have been feeling like this and crying your heart out for a week now. The elf arc was the cause of this, and you hated it.

You despised how the pure-hearted race suffered from the hands of humans. Even though it was not Lumiere's fault that everyone died, humans were still the cause of the elf village's demise.

The Devil was the catalyst for the human's attack, but if they didn't hold such filthy thoughts in the first place, they wouldn't be tempted—at least this is your reasoning.