IV | Licht

Trigger Warning!!!
Human cruelty and rape
content ahead.

• • •

The sun had already set when your eyes opened after passing out from the sudden pain earlier. Beside you was Fana sleeping without a pillow and a blanket. She probably fell asleep while looking after you.

Your mellow gaze settled on her figure before you decided to give her your own blanket and pillow. The fact that the time seemed to have reversed before you felt excruciating pain, was the first thing that you remembered.

Actually, you remember everything that happened before you passed out in Licht's arms. Even Lumiere's eyes that didn't held the emotion he was supposed to wear after you revealed the situation with the Devil. His unworried face when he asked you the same question twice; it unnerved you.

You didn't know what to think at this point. It could be the result of revealing something you shouldn't, or perhaps the work of the Devil who lurks in the shadows.

However, that Devil doesn't have a body yet to unleash something as powerful as rewinding time. And the fact that you got affected by it but not like anyone who doesn't even know that time rewinded, shows how you weren't a part of this world. Maybe it's the laws of this world that is going against you.

In reality, you didn't think it would be plausible to tell the original characters about their fates either since you don't have concrete source or evidence. You would love to save everyone with your own hands, but you don't have any power. Unlike the people of the world you're currently in, you don't have a grimoire or any mana at all.

It's not like you could get a five-leaf clover grimoire like Asta since that Devil wouldn't plan the elves demise if there's one lying around somewhere. You only had your knowledge to rely on.

A deep sigh escaped your lips before you quietly left the cottage. The cold breeze that hit your skin made you feel refreshed that for a short moment, you had forgotten that this place's doom was looming over. If only simple gust of wind could solve the issue.

The feeling of dread crept into your heart as you mindlessly walked away from the humble abode. What was the purpose of you coming in the elf's village if you couldn't save them? If telling the original characters anything about their future results in abnormality, then can you even change the storyline? Were you only there to prove that your little presence means nothing and that it can never change the outcome you want to prevent?

How cruel would it be to witness their doom in person? The elves are not just mere fictional characters to you now, they're real—alive, even. The laughter of the children, the precious moments you shared with Fana, Raia, Vetto, Patri, Licht and everyone else; even if you've only been there for a couple of weeks—that's the most fun you'd experienced in your entire life.

"Y/N?"

The dreadful silence that let your thoughts run wild was broken by a soft and gentle voice—a familiar one that you loved hearing recently.

You were just about to turn around when you felt a hand wrap on your wrist and roughly pulled you behind. You came face to face with a worried Licht as his hands tightly clung around your arms.

"What are you doing here? Why are you in front of the water?" He asked, his usual gentle tone was shaky. Your eyes widened before you glance briefly behind you; you didn't noticed that you arrived in front of the lake because of your occupied mind.

"I...I was...just thinking about something. I'm sorry," you voice came out throaty and sad, but it wasn't your intention since you actually didn't want him to worry about you more.