XI | Licht

It was inevitable. Licht still became a monster that was killed by Lumiere in the end. The leader of elves died just like in the original work, but the ones he lead miraculously lived. This was a change you brought with you and the now original Black Clover.

Lumiere, Tetia and Secre, all have guessed that what happened to the villagers were connected to you. You had brought them several miracles, it was not that hard to figure it out.

Although the attack still occurred, because a lot of things had changed and the Devil never succeeded on placing a reincarnation curse to the elves, the elf arc of the Black Clover story was erased and replaced.

They only made an appearance in terms of Black Clover history; when Lumiere's attempt on uniting elves and humans were told, as well as the backstory for Asta's grimoire. Unexpectedly, on one of their adventures, the Black Bulls came across the secret civilization of the elves that was saved from the massacre.

Contrary to expectations, the elves were welcoming to Asta and the others. Apparently, although everyone was angry at humans 500 years ago for causing the death of their leader, Licht, they did not do anything and only went to hide.

According to the descendants, this was to honor his wife, the only human that they have acknowledged. And also because despite not being there at the end for their leader, they have witnessed a glimpse of his pain for losing both himself and his beloved.

Licht also pleaded for Lumiere to end him because he did not want to hurt humans.

In a book that Asta found--which belonged to Patri--it was written that he hoped Licht's dream to unite the elves and humans will come true someday. Hence why the elves were welcoming of the group, because Patri believed that whoever uses Licht's grimoire will be worth trusting.

After knowing this piece of history, it has become a part of the group's resolve to unite everyone. Magic Emperor Julius Novachrono also promised to protect the elf race from harmful humans this time. The Magic Knights now had a new vow to protect.

You were relieved when you read this change. Not only did Licht and Lumiere's dream of unity not vanish, but the elven race were also still living prosperously without the use alchemy or magic to revive them. Well, only their descendants but still.

There is one huge change that you found out when you woke up again on Earth; it's that nobody knew that the Black Clover elf arc had changed--not even the author. For them, the arc that you knew were nonsense and the one that replaced it was the original.

When you woke up in a hospital, the only thing that you did was daze off. There was nothing else you could do. You could cry, but you also couldn't.

Everything still felt surreal then, you even doubted that all of it was just a dream, especially when your editor--the one who took you to the hospital--told you that you were only unconscious for one week.

The pain in your heart was too agonizing for it to be fake, but you spent a year in the Black Clover world. How was it possible? Or maybe you were just making excuses in attempt to lessen the pain. It won't torment you if it's all just a dream.

So you faked being happy and okay. You distracted yourself by all the things you could do in a hospital; however, although you seemed doing well, your editor was a little worried about your cheerful attitude since she has only seen you reserved and quiet.

"Is there anything wrong, Miss Y/N?"

"What? There's nothing wrong, everything's fine." You convinced yourself.

For almost a month, you were like this even when you finally went home. Although the people in your publishing company were surprised by the sunny disposition, you did not think it was odd since you were like that in your dream.