X | Licht

Note: Hey guys! I'll be changing scenes here (I've actually done this multiple times lol) and the magic stones that helped Licht from turning into a devil so fast like how patri did--will not be mentioned in the story at all. That's all, happy reading!

++++

"Y/N!! Don't leave me. Please, wake up."

"Hang on, okay? I will find help..."

You heard Licht's faint voice, calling your name in a frantic manner as he pleaded for you to wake up. Judging by all his cries, you are certain that Licht is currently wearing an expression full of fear.

You wanted to reach for him to assure that everything will be fine, but you can't even flutter your eyes open. All you were capable at this moment was to lie in his arms as you feel your body gradually weaken.

It's painful.

How did this happen? How could you forget? What exactly happened?

The fact that you're in the Black Clover universe was never forgotten. However, the one you promised to do when you arrived here seemed like it was erased off your mind. The massacre, Licht's original fate, everyone's original fate--it still happened.

The only thing that was different is the woman that Licht married, and the fact that the attack happened when your baby bump is not that big yet.

Is it inevitable because there's a set storyline? Then what were your abilities for? Why did you come here at all?

In the end, you're dying and you could not save anyone--not even prevent Licht from becoming a demon because he's bound to become one once your body goes completely cold. Patri will experience a calamitous amount of pain after 500 years because you were useless.

The elves who loved and cared for you dearly, and the ones who gave you salvation from your colorless world; you had the power of knowing what the future held, but you let them down.

It's obvious that the Devil had done something to enable you from interfering with his plans. He might have not known about your knowledge, but he must have seen what you were capable of and considered you a great threat to his plans.

Or maybe he did know, because when the time resets after you've tried to tell the others about their future, like you who still had the memory of the occurence, perhaps he was the same. You've miscalculated and let your guard down.

You have not even experience your baby kick yet. Licht... You did not want to leave him alone.

"Do you regret it, my child?"

A calming voice rang inside your head. Then a strange feeling ran through your veins, soothing the agony from your injury.

"I can help you undo unjust deaths that is caused by pure mana, my child. However, I cannot give you a hand to reverse pure mana that had already been corrupted."

Each time that the mysterious voice says a word, your mind turns more clear. Without any turmoil and regrets. Only the resolve to do what the voice offers.

It's like listening to an undeniable truth, or a firm law that must be followed.

"There is a price for great power, but I assure you the safety of the elf race."

Lumiere, Secre, and Tetia flew to the village as fast as they could, their hearts growing more anxious by each second. Fortunately, Tetia felt something amiss when her brother did not come out as planned to catch up to the wedding, and Secre found and saved Lumiere.