7.

Shravan's POV

I opened the door for her to sit inside the car, mouthing a 'thank you' she sat.

On the way back home, she kept looking outside and through the side mirror I can see tears falling. I stopped the car.

"Suman?" I called her and she quickly wiped her tears before turning towards me.

"Are you okay?" I asked holding her hand. There was a moment I silence before she nodded her head in no.

"You know, as a doctor and surgeon, we are trained to perform operations with full confidence." She said and stopped for a moment to take a deep breath before she continued.

"Today, Avni almost left us." She said and looked down and for a moment I could feel my heart stopping but then I realized.

Realized that she is the one. She is the one who saved my sister's life. She is the one who neglected her family just to save my sister.

"She is with us. Why are you--" I tried to explain her that Avni is fine and she should not worry but Suman cutted me mid sentence.

"I know she is with us, but today I felt as if... as if things are going right but still they are wrong."

"What do you want to say?" I asked.

Is she trying to say that us being again in love is wrong?

"No. No. No. I know what you are thinking and you are thinking wrong." She said as if she read my thoughts and I gave her a smile before she continued.

"Shravan, I... don't know how to show my face to my family. I don't know how to explain things to them and Vikram's family. I don't know what is coming in our way next." She said and looked at me worriedly.

I cupped her face and said "Whatever comes next, I am with you." She nodded and I kissed her forehead.

"Look, if you want we can explain your family together." I suggested.

"No. I want to explain them all by myself." She said and I nodded in understanding.

"Let's go." I said and started driving, not before putting some soft music.

Suman's POV

Dropping me in front of the Tiwari house, he left after I assured him that I can do this alone.

But can I?

I debated for a moment with myself about what to speak first and then taking a deep breath I entered inside the house.

Empty.

It was empty. No one was there.

Where did they went?

Taking some steps forward, I found a letter kept on the wooden table. My name written on it.

Suman,
You broke our trust. You went with the Malhotra's even though you know what they did to your father.
We always kept you as our child, but you never stood to our expectations. We just wanted you to marry Vikram, such a small wish ours you couldn't fulfill.
As per our deal, I sold the house. We already left for Indore, you can stay there just for tonight.

~Chachi

'Such a small wish of ours you couldn't fulfill.'

'You never stood to our expectations.'