5.

Shravan's POV

"Shravan!"

I turned around only to see Bunty looking worried.

I don't know why but my heart started beating rapidly. Sensing that something is wrong.

"B-Bunty? What happened?" I asked. Praying to god that everything should be fine.

"A-Avni... acc-accident... r-right in front of the M-Malhotra house." Bunty said as his voice started to quiver.

Avni. Accident. Malhotra house.

I don't know what happened inside of me but I ran, I ran for my sister.

I saw some people surrounded in front of my house and I can hear someone's cry. I took slow steps, wishing that whatever Bunty said was a lie.

I pushed some people and came in center, only to see Avni lying there in her father's lap covered in blood.

"Avni!!" I shouted an ran towards them. Falling on my knees and patting her cheeks.

"Wake up, for god's sake!" I shouted and started crying.

Suman's POV

Avni. Accident. In front of Malhotra house.

I looked at him only to see him loosing himself. Without saying anything, he ran.

Ran for his sister.

"I have to go." I blurted leaving my own engagement ceremony and went behind Bunty and him.

On the way, I called an ambulance.

As soon as I reached there, I saw something which broke my heart.

A father is crying.

A brother is crying.

I know what it feels when your loved ones is dangling between life and death. After all, I have also lost my parents.

Soon I heard and ambulance coming near.

"Shravan, ambulance is here. Pick her up and come." I said and Shravan nodded.

Wiping his tears and picking up his sister, he made her lie on the stretcher.

"I will come." I said as I called an ambulance from an army hospital.

"We want one family member, who is coming with me?" I asked as I sat inside the ambulance.

"I will come with you." Shravan said and climbed.

*******

"Is operation theater ready?" I shouted on top of my lungs as we entered in the hospital.

"Yes ma'am."

We reached OT and I stopped Shravan yo come inside. He didn't say anything but just stood there looking at Avni who was taken inside.

"Please save her." I heard him saying softly as I turned to go inside.

"I will." I gave him a smile before closing the door behind me.

Shravan's POV

It's been more than half an hour, I didn't hear anything about Avni's health. All I can see is nurses coming out and going back in.

After Suman went inside, soon enough Chachu, Papa and Bunty arrived.

No one uttered a word, sitting silently and praying for the youngest member of our family.

*******

3 hours passed, still no update.

After sometime I saw the OT light switching off. Everyone's attention turned towards the door, waiting for Suman to come out.

Soon enough the door opened and a smiling Suman came out. I looked at her and I instantly knew she saved my sister.

"She is now in stable condition. She should be awake...." She looked at her watch.

"By tomorrow or within 12 hours." She said and everyone sighed in relief.

"I- I don't know how to thank you enough, Suman Beta." Chachu said as he folded his hands in front of her.

"Uncle please." Suman requested him not to join hands in front of her.

"It's my duty to save lives." She said smilingly.

She saved her.

Suman saved Avni.

"Suman beta?" Papa stood beside Chachu.

"Namaste uncle." She folded her hands in front of him, greeting him.

"I am sorry--" Before he could even say anything Suman cutted him in middle.

"Uncle, let's just forget the past and start a new beginning." Suman said and gave papa a sweet smile.

"You grew up Suman." Papa said as he patted her head and she just smiled at him.

Soon enough she looked at me and I looked at her. She blinked her eyes assuring me that everything was under control.

I smiled at her and noticed how some blood was there on her lehenga.

"Excuse me." She said and left. I saw her going and I noticed that her hands were shaking.

Why?

________________________________________

Avni's going to be fine:)