9.

Suman's POV

Making our way towards Avni's ward, I asked the nurse who was incharge for the night about Avni's condition while Shravan went inside.

"Doctor Tiwari, the patient's doing great." The nurse said and nodding my head in positive I asked her to leave.

As I stepped inside the room, I saw a sight which almost made my heart ache a bit.

A father sleeping but also waiting for his daughter, who met with an accident, to wake up.

"It's a sight to behold but it also makes your heart ache, doesn't it?" Shravan whispered as he stood beside me and I couldn't agree more.

"Let me just check on her and then let's leave them alone." I said and checked Avni's nerves while Shravan just stood there.

"When will she wake up?" Shravan asked in a whisper not wanting to wake up his uncle.

"Anytime now. Let's go." I said and we left the father-daughter duo alone and well, sleeping.

We walked to the cafeteria in silence- not a awkward one. Silence were never our thing but it kinda was also. We both always understood each other without even saying and maybe, maybe it started becoming our thing. But before it could even bloom- we drifted.

"You--" Shravan started to say something but was cut by someone who we both had forgot about.

"Suman!"

"Shit." I cursed and Shravan looked at me confused.

"I forgot to talk to him." I whispered in Shravan's ears and his eyes widened.

"How could you?"

"Bhul gayi na, think what to do now? How do we tell him?" I asked gritting my teeth and forcing a smile at the man coming towards us- Vikram Raichand.

"Shravan, how are you and how is Avni now?" Vikram asks as he stood beside me and kept his arm around my shoulder.

I saw Shravan clenching his jaw as Vikram puts his hand around me, but he forced a smile.

I moved away from Vikram and went to the other side of Shravan, clasping my hands to his.

"Avni's fine and I am doing great." Shravan said as he pulled me closer and now he puts his arm around me and I chuckled at his antics.

"I think I should go." Vikram said looking everywhere but us.

"Vikram, I am sorry." I said as he was about to go.

"I am happy for you, Suman. You always loved him, didn't you?" He asked and I nodded my head in affirmative.

"Your love for each other wasn't a childishness back then, was it?"

"Never. It was the most beautiful decision back then and now. I don't know about her." Shravan said and I smacked his arm as he chuckled.

"No, it never was. And that's the best decision I ever made." I agreed with Shravan and Vikram smiled at us.

"Then it's time for me to go back to Mumbai." Vikram said.

"Be in touch." Shravan said as we bided Vikram a good-bye.

As we moved towards the cafeteria in a comfortable silence and his arms wrapped around me, I got a phone call.

"Who is it?" He asked.

"Kancha..." I whispered seeing the caller ID, clearing my throat I picked up the call.

"You didn't think of calling us, wow!" She said sarcastically and I lowered the eyes ashamed of my behavior.

"I am sorry, I was busy with Avni's operation and then when I went home....." I let the sentence hang.

"You read the note." She completed my sentence and I just hummed in response.

"You broke our heart, Suman." Her voice accusing and a sob escaped my mouth but I quick covered my mouth to stop the sobs. But it was too late. Shravan, who was busy in his phone, heard it and looked at me with concern.

"Sumo...." I lifted my hands in the air for him to stop saying as today, today I will hear everything what my family wants to say.

"What you did is unforgivable."

"K-Kancha p-please l-listen to m-me." I said trying so hard not to make my voice break.

"Suman, there is nothing that I want to hear. At least from you." She said and disconnected the call without even listening to me.

Shravan's POV

I saw her her eyes filled with tears. She moves away her phone from her ears and looked at me. She gave a sad smile.

I know that she wants someone right now and today when once again she is loosing people, I won't leave her alone.

So I went to her and wrapped her in a hug. She didn't say anything but held my shirt in her fist tightly and started crying.

"She hates me too." She said between her cries and I too can feel the tears in my eyes.

I hugged her tighter and let her cry in my embrace. After few minutes she composed herself and I gave her a glass of water.

"You okay?" I asked and she just nodded her head.

"I- I need to go home now and pack my stuff." She said looking everywhere but me.

"Okay, I will take you home." I said and we both left for now the sold mansion- Tiwari House.