6.

Suman's POV

I did it.

As a doctor we are fully prepared to do surgeries. But... doing surgery of someone who is like a family, you start questioning about your capabilities.

Avni lost a lot of blood and as the time was passing it was getting harder to say that she will be fine.

But in the last moment, we can say god's blessings, Avni's condition got stable and everyone in the room sighed with relief and happiness.

Taking deep breaths, I came out of the operation theater only to see Shravan's kurta covered in blood.

Before I could say anything to him, Rajendra Uncle came in front and started thanking me for saving his daughter's life.

But what shocked me the most was that Devraj uncle is here, and he started apologizing but I stopped him.

Saying that let some things be in the past and all of us should start a new beginning.

I again looked at Shravan and saw that he is still worried, so I blinked my eyes assuring him that everything's fine.

I excused myself and started walking. My hands are shaking and I can feel it.

I am tired.

I was passing by a small temple associated in the hospital. I stopped and kneeled down in front of god.

I don't know what took over my emotions, I started crying.

Shravan's POV

I noticed that her hands were shaking. Why? I wanted to follow her but thought that Papa won't like it.

I kept looking at her and soon enough I heard something which was unexpected.

"Go, idiot!" Papa said smacking my head and laughing.

"Y-You--"

"Just go. She needs someone right now. She is strong, but not everyone who is strong cannot be weak." He said and I smiled at him before going behind Suman.

I saw her crying in front of the temple. I smiled softly and went towards her and kneeled down.

I hugged her from side and she clutched my kurta and cried more. I rubbed her back, soothing her.

"It's okay, everything is fine." I kept mumbling and she kept nodding her head but her cries didn't stop.

"Sh-Shravan, I- I a-am t-tired." Hick ups started due to excess of crying.

"I know, I know." I said and kept rubbing her back to calm her down.

She was tired. Papa was right, not every person who is strong cannot be weak. There are times when the strongest person you know fails to keep his or her strength.

"Shravan, why is this hard?" She asked as she stopped crying.

"What is hard, Suman?" I asked.

"Everything is. I am tired. Tired of living as a burden in my own house. Tired of doing everything under pressure. Please do something." She said and I could feel some tears falling from her eyes.

"You know, as we grow older we realize that life doesn't come with a step-wise instruction manual." I said wanting her to know that she has to face every problem that comes.

"You have to face every problem that comes, and I am here now. I will always be by your side." I said and kissed her forehead.

"Shravan, I understand what you are saying but--"

"No buts and ifs. Captain Suman Tiwari, you are strong." I said in a confident voice and she looked up at me with hope filled in her eyes.

"I am." She said and I helped her standing up.

"Shravan?"

"Hmm?"

"Blood."

"What?" I asked confused and she eyed at my kurta.

"Oh." I said and looked at myself for the first time.

"Let's go and change ourselves." She said as she saw some blood on her lehenga.

"Yeah, let's go." I said and locked my hands with hers. Informing my family that we are going home to change and will be back in some time.