1.

Bunty's POV

It's the day of her engagement with someone else.

Why is fate so cruel to people who love each other? Why can't they just be together without much of consequences?

Why can't god make them happy like they used to be seven years ago?

I saw him breaking apart. I saw him coming to me at nights and let his gaurd down for sometime as he couldn't do it in front of his mother, who was suffering with his father in jail for 3 years.

He always made himself seem strong for the world, but not in front of me.

And now? Now today is the day when all his hopes of being happy again will die. Today is the day when he will loose the reason to live again.

Today is the day when she will be someone else's.

Today is the day when everyone will loose the Shravan Malhotra who we all knew from childhood.

I can't let this happen. I can't.

Everyone has the right to love and the other person also has the right to know.

Suman has to know.

He knows that Suman loves him too, but both of them are too scared to confess. I have got to do something.

Suman's POV

Whatever is happening between you and Shravan, is wrong.

Vikram's a nice guy, please don't hurt him.

When you will go to that house, a lot of new responsibilities will come. And you have to accept them.

Chachi, Kancha and Chachu's words are ringing in my ears continuously.

You don't look happy with this engagement, Suman.

It was true. Who was I even kidding? It's damn clear that I'm not happy. Why can't others read me like him.

"Suman, you haven't got ready yet? It's your engagement, get ready fast." Kanchan said as she helped her me to stand up and left the room.

But before I could start getting ready, I heard a knock on my door.

"Who is it?"

"Suman, it's me. Bunty."

Bunty? What is he doing here at this time? The function is supposed to start in 2 hours.

"C-come in." I said and sat on the chair kept near my study table.

"How are you doing?" He asked.

"I am fine." I said not really meaning it.

"Are you?" He asked again.

"What do you want, Bunty?" I asked annoyed that he can read me too but my own family cant.

"I want you to rethink you decision. I want you to cancel this engagement and..."

"And what?" I looked at him.

"You know, a war is never fought alone. But, my friend, Shravan has been fighting a war all alone since past 7 years. And he cannot fight it alone anymore. He will die today Suman, if you do this engagement." Bunty said.

"What are you saying?" I asked, already knowing what he is trying to say.

"You also know what I am saying, so let's not fool each other." He said.

"I am not fooling anyone."

It's already too late, why is he telling me all of this now? Why didnt he tell me before?

"You are. Shravan loves you, my friend. You love Shravan. You know it too, but for your family's sake you are going to do this marriage." He stated.

"Bunty--" My words got cutter as my door got opened and Kanchan entered in the room.

"Bunty? What are you doing here?" Kanchan asked.

"Just came to congratulate my old friend, after all I and Shravan are not going to attend the function." Bunty said.

"W-Why?" I asked.

He isn't going to come, why?

"He went to the cantt early morning, no one knows by what time he will be back. So there's less chances of us attending." Bunty said.

"But Bunty--" I tried to say something but he cutted in middle.

"Try to think, Suman. For now, bye. If fate's not that cruel then we will meet again." Bunty said and left the sisters alone.

"What is he talking about?" Kanchan asked.

"Nothing. You go, I have to get ready." I said and pushed Kanchan out of the room.

I locked the door and leaned on it. Thinking about what Bunty just revealed.

He loves you.

You love him.

He will die today.

He cannot fight this war alone anymore.

I want you to cancel this engagement.

Yes.