The Finished Deal

This time you'd been awake for hours. Or you assumed it had been hours, there was no way of telling time in there. You'd tried to keep yourself busy by counting stars, playing with your hair, attempting and failing to redo the garments you were wearing and searching for any possible cameras. None wear visible, but the ceiling was high and dark. You thought you could see the top of the ceiling, but something looked off about it, and although it was almost completely silent, sometimes their was... Rattling from the roof, scratching and what sounded like walking. Click click clicking faintly from above you. You had no idea what it could be. Intergalactic space rats?

Intergalactic space rats...

You tried to push that away, but it always creeped up. You really didn't want to fall asleep again, going in and out of consciousness wasn't fun and probably bad for your health. There was so little to do and it was driving you crazy, at this point you'd taken to staring at the weirdness above you.

You never fell asleep, but rather your mind quietened.

* * *

Clicking again. Wait, not from up, but behind you? Oh, the door. Someone was coming down the hallway. You say up and straightened yourself out trying to level out your mind.

The door opened and surprise surprise it was them again, with the usual 4 others tottering in front of them. This, although still very unusual, had become quite mundane. Every experience of them coming in here was stressful, tiering, and quite boring. Minus the one unexpected visit from Red, which continued to plague your mind in a confusing way.

"So." Purple clapped it's hands together expectantly, turning to Red to finish his thought. "We decided on what we're going to do with you in a more organized context. Do you understand?"

You nodded with false assurance.

"We will have you physically studied, without dissection or vivisection or any kind of surgery, you will give an oral explanation on anything we ask, on your history and general society and kind. We will test you on your intelligen-"

"Get the interesting part!" Purple interrupted, looking more bored by the second. This was a worrying statement for you.

Red Huffed.

"Yes, of course... We will also be setting you a task, but for your freedom. Like, a game or a bet. There's this group, who are dead set on overthrowing our empire for one reason or another. They really pose no threat to us, but they are very, very annoying. They've also recruited some of our men, which is frustrating and makes things move slower around here. And we don't want that. Because that's boring."

You just stared blankly at them. They wanted you to take down a whole anti-goverment group. By yourself? Because it's interesting? You wanted to go ballistic and say how unreasonable that was, but all you could muster was,

"So, what exactly do I have to do?"

"Easy. We'll give you full access to archives of information and a small team of people so you can try figure out how to take down "The Resisty" and if you succeed we'll return you to whatever hovel you came from unharmed. If you don't succeed you'll either work until the end of your short life here or give up and we'll probably get bored of you and proceed with dissection."

Easy. Was this supposed to be easy? Would it be easy? It didn't sound easy, it sounded like a living hell which there was no escape. These terms seemed, unfair, at best. But what could you do other than agree.

"That's it?" This came out cockier than intended.

Red leaned down to your level and started you in the eyes, "Yes, why, is that too easy for you?"

"No!" You leaned back into the couch as if to retreat. "That's just fine... Thank you." Although you could see they were all, the actual size of them always astounded you when they actually got close to you.

"Good, so you agree to this than, the whole The Resisty for your freedom thing?" Purple spoke, he was also eating at this time. From where the snacks came you had no clue. You just nodded, you brain failing to work at this time.

"Good, then, umm..." He looked down at the little creature standing next to him with a hard thinking face, trying to remember their name, until they said "Zek" in a soft, yet surprisingly deep voice. "Uh, yeah, Zek here will discuss a habitat for you." You frowned at the word Habitat. Like what animals in the zoo had.

They waved off Zek as they then left. It was just you and him. It was an awkward couple seconds as he looked around for something to sit on, you currently holding the only seat in this large dark room. You awkwardly offer the other side of the long couch, meaning you both had to turn to each other cross legged. It didn't feel very professional, but you were bloodied, bruised and half naked, what about this had ever been professional?

He had a tablet he held like a clipboard in hand, a small stylus in the other. He cleared his throat, but continued to look at the tablet, like avoiding trying to talk. You just sighed, half with impatience and half out of the stuffy uncomfortable air that had just clouded your air. It was similar, but not the same, as when Red had visited, but where as that was more scary and oddly embarrassing, this was just aggravating for no in particular reason.

"Right," Zek finally spoke, "Since you'll probably be here a long time, you'll be needing a suitable enviorment to stay and work in. We have limited space to house you, so, please, keep unnecessary items to a minimum. Please, begin when you're ready."

This took you a second. What exactly do you need? You just tried to think out loud. "Well, I'll need a comfortable bed to sleep, a desk to work, a light to see, a chair to sit, some kind of closet or draw to keep things and clothes in, uh, oh, also a bathroom!" All of these things seemed to confuse Zek, but this one prompted a reaction.

"A bathroom? You'll be requiring a whole second room?"

They didn't know what bathrooms were?

"We'll not necessary if you have a public bathroom."

His expression told you they either didn't or they went by a different name. You decided you to explain. "Like, a place to clean up and whatnot? Like a place with a shower and water... to clean?"

A glint of recognition in his eyes at the word clean. "I see... well, I don't think out facilities would, well, facilitate you, we don't have any "water" so I'll have to look into that, but the other things should be easy enough to research and get. You should have your room, by, next Mars day."

Mars day was another word for Tuesday on earth, so you just assumed it was the same here, which reminded you, "Also a clock, please."

Zek nodded, jotted it down and left. You were in almost darkness again and settled down to wait for Tuesday, whenever that would be.

27/01/20121