A place to call my own

A boring day went by. There were regular check ups from Zek, which usually consisted of him asking how you were and getting you to rate the pain of your jaw injury on one of those stupid doctor one-to-ten pain scales. You always picked 1, not really wanting to cause a hassle or anything that could lead to them trying to touch you or give you any kind of medication. You didn't really trust them or their motives yet, and even if they had all good intentions they're medication could do more harm than good, seeing that they know nothing about you or humans.

Your jaw did hurt a lot though. A 3 on the best days. It was probably just badly bruised, didn't seem broken and it wasn't like your gums were bleeding or anything, not that you had any affective form of checking. 

Another day, or what you had dubbed another day seeing how you'd really no concept of time in that room, Zek returned. You sat up from your couch, which had started to collect dirt, and had become stale with your sweat, the once poofy cushions, now sunken and darker. You blinked at him, your emotions had become stale too, especially in regards to Zek even if he's been nothing but respectful of you. He raised a hand, like a motionless wave and then took a seat next to you.

"[Y/N], I want to just finalized the details for your environment." You raised and eyebrow in question. He sighed slightly. "Your work and living environment has been secured and you'll be moved into it momentarily, I've just need to make sure everything is correct on paper first."

Although you were groggy, darkness and little to no movement will do that, your face lite up a bit, to think you'd be out of this shit room soon, the only thing you might miss is the beautiful view, but you'd almost memorized the place where every star was so even that began to seem drab. You motioned for him to go on.

"Ok, I'll list off everything that we have and you just need to tell me if I missed anything." He cleared his throat, "Basic bed room facilities: Bed, wardrobe. Basic bathroom facilities: Sink, toilet, bathtub, shower. Basic work station facilities: Desk, computer, tablet." He looked up from the tablet he was holding. "Does that sound right?"

You nodded, too exhausted to speak. Zek stood up from the couch and tucked the tablet under his arm. "Excellent, If you will follow me, I will escort you to your new habitat."

"Like, right now?"

He gave a small nod. Although you still internally cringed at the word 'habitat' you were excited to finally leave this room and to have a proper living space... and a shower, the fabrics you were wearing were absorbent and you were starting to smell bad, although no one seemed to notice or care, unless they were being polite, which sounded unlikely to you. 

You stood from your seat, legs wavering from being unused. You went to Zek's side and the door slid open. It hadn't done that for you ever, and you couldn't figure out why or how it was like that, but you didn't plague yourself with that thought. You plagued yourself with the thought of giant space rats with foreign diseases. You stepped out into the long stretching hallway you had not seen in quite a while. People... or, creatures (...aliens? Were you ready to admit that to yourself fully yet?) darted in and out of it, going from one room to another, all looking busy. Very few noticed you, but many gave you nervous looks. Your reputation preceded you. You made hurried steps down the hallway, trying to keep up with Zek who was moving at an alarming speed. Your body felt like led again, each movement hurting. You hadn't realized how truly dirty you were until you saw the slight discoloring to the otherwise perfect white floor with each step you took. Eugh.

After what felt like a life time of hallways and elevators, Zek finally stopped at a door. You looked at it with question. Where you here? Before you could verbalise anything, Zek answered.

"This is your dorm. You will be here the for the duration of your stay." He turned to it as it began to slide open. You took a step in, excited to see where you'd be.