Stingy

[A/N been in a sort of empty state so I'm sorry if my writing reflects it, I'm trying my best]

PAIN.

So much pain. Your head was spinning, your eyes felt like they were on fire and your jaw stung so much, like when you high five someone to hard, but worse.

You were lying down and hoped you were at home, in your bed, safe and warm. That this was all a big nightmare and you'd just be getting up for school soon and you could see the people you know. Be anywhere, at all, but here.

But dreams don't come true

You were lying on something soft and plush. It was very cozy, even if you had no blankets. You reached up your arms to stretch and then brought them down to your face. You put a hand on your jaw, it hurt so much, you worried it could be broken. You thought back. 

Maybe I should have been more careful and then I wouldn't have smashed my face into a door. God, if somethings really wrong, will they even know how to help me? Will they even help me? Or will they just throw me out like I'm a broken toy?

You open your eyes slowly, dreading what might be there.

Nothing.

You were alone in the room you were in before. You're on a large couch, it's purple, as most things, and although clean, clearly old. You finally get a good look at the room you're in. 

You thought how odd it was that no one was in the room with you. And that they had put you on the couch? You tried to get up, your legs were stiff and sore, but whatever they had injected you with had worn off by now. You walked around a bit, although you were shaky.

It was a large stretching room with no lights, the only source of light was the wide window that took up an entire wall. The outside was breath taking, the sky was bright and full of colours, dripping with over saturation and the stars in the distance sparkled. Everything moved in such a hypnotic way, you didn't want to stop looking. In such a depressing place this site made you feel at peace, even if only for a second, until you looked and could see you're reflection. Blood dripped from your nose and the bottom of your jaw was a purpley brown and red. It was bruising nicely. Eyes very red and overall looked a mess. You put a hand over your nose and looked around for anything that could help, or even somewhere you could get water to rinse it off your face. Still an empty room, just as it was a moment ago.

You sat down and just stared out the window, feeling defeated and sorry for yourself, although you have earned that right in this situation. You felt like crying, but didn't have the energy to. Lost in your own mind and the sites outside you didn't notice someone approaching. 

"Pretty, huh?"

You were shocked by the sudden noise. You let out and yelp and spun around, accidentally slamming you back into the window and sliding down it. You looked up, almost afraid too, shaking like a leaf. It was one of the tallest. The red one to be exact.

"I'm told your species are intelligent. That didn't seem very smart." He said

You couldn't help but be offended, although you were to scared to express it.

"I suppose your also quite primal too, not been around long."

"..."

"Well, can you speak?" He grabbed you arms and picked you up as if inspecting you.

"Y-yes"

Motherfucking stutter. I'm not doing my species many favours am I?

You cleared you throat and tried again "I mean, yes, I can speak"

You were set down and you caught you breath, not realizing you hadn't been breathing this whole time. You heart beat rapidly like a rabbit in the face of it's predator. You pulled at the fabrics covering you, as you suddenly became very aware of every part of your body. You felt simultaneously like you were bushing and the colour from you face draining as you struggled to know what emotion was filling you up.

Fear or embarrassment.

You looked up and met his eyes waiting for him to say something, ANYTHING, at all. You shared a moment of silence and just as you considered speaking up he said

"You're face is a different colour and it's leaking"

It was posed as both a question and an observation. It took you a second, but you got there, he of course meant you jaw and bleeding nose.

"Oh... fuck- yeah, I, um, did that when I- I slammed into the door... ehrm, earlier..."

You hated that you did that, you must of looked stupid, thinking you could run. And now you were suffering the painful aftemath of your actions

"Yeah, that was pretty stupid wasn't it?" They said monotonously.

This, of course, made you feel worse. 

Embarrassment taking over fear

Suddenly you felt a pain in your stomach. You quickly brought you hand up and clenched at the pain bending over slightly. 

You were very hungry

You hadn't eaten in what was probably almost 24 hours. You felt like your insides were collapsing.

The tallest red gave a confused look at your visible pain. "Is there something wrong? Are you broken?"

"I'm fine- FUCK!" Your stomach cramped in a particularly bad way and you weren't convincing anyone you were fine "Just hungry-" You silenced a squeal at the end of the sentence.

He pulled at sort of displeased face, half an "Oh no you're in pain" and half a "your wasting my time with this" face.

"I suppose we don't was you dying yet."

That sentence made you sort of happy and hopeful, but the yet at the end made you feel not great. 

"One moment"

He exited the room and left you to flop onto the floor and curl into a ball, pain consuming your mind, not even having the ability to comprehend the interaction you just had