Bargain

The food gave you a short burst of energy, but you soon crashed, left with a full stomach and a foggy mind. This meant you easily slipped into a deep sleep, body limp on the plush couch.

* * *

Awake.

Very suddenly. There was a noise. What was it? It was hard to identify, but it got louder with your waking mind. Shuffling and movement, loud clanks.
There were definitely people in the room, but you were too scared to open you eyes, to move, to speak. Until a gentle hand grabbed you arm. You jolted up with a yelp, opening your eyes, once again being blinded by the unbearable white flood lights.

You tried to comprehend your surroundings. Every time falling asleep you hoped it was a dream, and every time waking up you remembered it wasn't. Four of the smaller creatures had a sliver dolly with a sliver tray of surgical instruments. A stretcher with thick leather belts was present too. The taller ones stood silently in the corner observing. It was... Eerie, they looked mildly shocked by your sudden movement, but otherwise held no expression. You didn't know them of course, but something felt uncharacteristic about it, they had seemed almost child like and curious before, this felt like a blanket of dread. You turned to look out the stretching window, but the flood lights whited out the windows, all left was a reflection of the current situation that the window once helped you feel you could escape.

"Wha-" you cut yourself off. You weren't sure what to ask. "What's... Happening?"

"Well, we have no need for you, so we might as well document your species." The tall purple one said.

"Document?"

"You know, vivisection, dissection, preservation etc. Etc. It will also help us determine the intelligence and usefulness of your kind" The nonchalance of this disturbed you.

"Your going to k-kill me?" You trembled all over.

"Not right away, but you probably will die from the experiments, we heard your quite a fragile creatures." He shrugged.

Panic. That's all you could feel. Whole body tensed. You had to say something. If you didn't you could only image the slow and painful death that could come with silence, without resistance.
"You said you wanted to test my intelligence?" It wa stage first thing you could think of. They nodded, the look told you they didn't think you had that much.

"Wouldn't it be easier if I was alive? What will a dead body tell you about my smarts?" You internally cringed at the wording, it appears when you panicked you didn't have much.

"Hmm, well..." The red one began to spoke and didn't seem convinced by your argument.

"But- But, think about it, I can talk about the culture and I know quite a bit bout the human body, so you don't need to cut me up! I'm smart, I'm useful alive, I-I promise, I'm not a waste!" You clamped you hands and gritted you teeth into a pleasing smile.

"Just give me a chance." You felt tears in your eyes.

They huddled and consulted. A surprising amount of arm flailing from this quiet conversation. After a minute, they turned back around to face you. "We've come to a decision" they spoke in unison, as off putting as that was.
"We will not disect you or mess with your brains... For now." Unsettling "We've decided to set you a task, to prove yourself, you know?" You didn't. "And along with that we will be studying you and examining your brain."

"Whu-what?" Your gabbed the top of you head and brought you knees to your chest.

"No that's the wrong word, it's, conversation to see about you and your planet?"

You loosened a bit. He just meant to learn about your intelligence and culture. You relaxed a bit, but kept you guard up. "What is the, um, task?"  They looked at each other and then back to you.

"We haven't decided yet." The red one spoke. They started to walk out, but you asked one more question before they left. "What are your names?" You just didn't want to keep referring to them as "The tall purple one" and "the tall red one" in your head.
They looked at you with a slight disgust that you talked when not spoken to, but softened a bit. "I'm  tallest red, he's tallest purple."

You snorted a bit. Suppose you weren't far off.

"We'll return tomorrow to being your task and studying. So I suggest you rest, which you seem to do a lot of, for hours on end-" He looked as if he were going to ask a question, but then stopped. "We'll discuss that tomorrow."

They left. Turned out the lights. Your eyes adjusted to the dark and a blanket of darkness closed in tight around you. The window was a window of the great sky again, but it seemed darker. Although you had just slept, you felt tired again and you let your body try and sleep again, there was nothing else to do, unless you wanted to try count every star in the moving surroundings again.

I wonder how fast we're going?

Your mind filled with questions, none being given much thought as you felt your body grow heavy with incoming sleep.

I wonder how they knew I slept for hours?

This one made you feel a bit ill. You hadn't seen any camera in th room, it was big, but it was plain and no where a camera could be placed without being obvious. Although it hurt to think about, it numbed and unconsciousness soon caved in.

The world once again, quietened.

A/N Hey, I finally updated, Merry Christmas, Hanukka or which holiday you celebrate around this time!
(Someone added me to a folder called "Oh heck no" and I don't know whether I should be offended, it's kind of funny)