Night Out | Florian Munteanu

As soon as Kat got to the club, she knew she probably should've just stayed her ass at home

As soon as Kat got to the club, she knew she probably should've just stayed her ass at home. Everybody was stepping out tonight and she wasn't ready. She'd just been bored at home because Florian had a late practice, but now she was going to have to really show out tonight to to keep up with her best friend, Mani. The girl was already lit as hell as they stood in the line outside of the club. They'd spent hours getting ready at Kat's house. Mani beat Kat's face to the gods and let her borrow an "appropriate" club outfit. It was barely any clothes at all, but for Kat, it was interesting experiment. She'd gotten a lot of looks so far, and although she didn't care about anybody but Florian, it was a little exhilarating. 

All she'd told Florian was that she was going out with Kat. Florian was a jealous man, but they were working on that, because he didn't need to be. When he was around, nobody dared approach her because of his size and fearsome expression.

Before she forgot, she texted him her location.

He hearted the message, replying simply: have fun baby

But I miss you <3, she responded.

He sent laughing emojis back to her. Then come home <3

Nvm im having a great time i'll lyk when I'm otw home

Mani flicked her forehead. "Stop texting your man, bitch! It's girls' night!"

Kat sighed dramatically. "But I loveee him."

Mani rolled her eyes. "You need some alcohol in you!"

Kat shrugged. "You're right. I should've pre-gamed."

Mani smiled mischeviously. "Don't worry girl we've got all night to get you lit." She looked around at the others gathered in the line, obviously growing frustrated.

"A bitch is getting cold. Let's go to the front," Mani locked arms with her and practically dragged her up to the front. All it took was Mani having a few words and sharing a few looks with the bouncer for them to enter the club. 

Mani brought her over to meet some other girls that were seated in the club's VIP section. They were all extremely beautiful, IG model types, but they were super nice to her. And wild as hell. Every shot was a post to their Insta stories. After about an hour, they had taken several shots and Kat was feeling as free as a bird. At one point, she participated in some sort of whining contest with the girls. In the back of her mind, she knew other people in their section could see them and there was the obvious flash of others video recording, but it had been a while since Kat had let loose like this and it felt good.

After a while, they made their way down to the main dance floor. Realizing that her friend was drunk drunk, Mani tried to keep an eye on Kat as they entered the crowd of bodies.

Kat was in her own world dancing alongside Mani to a remix of Love Riddim, not even registering Florian's voice that was suddenly calling to her through the crowd. He plowed through to come up behind her. He met Mani's eyes, who nodded and took the opportunity to head back to the bar. "Kat!"

She turned, immediately breaking out in a smile when she saw him. "Florian! You're here!" She wrapped her arms around his waist in a hug.

"Yes, baby. I'm here to take you home," he grumbled.

She wrinkled her nose up at him. "But what about Mani?"

Florian pressed his lips together. His sweet girl. It was hard to be mad at her, especially when she was obviously intoxicated. He crowded her, blocking her view of the people around them.

"What did I say?" Florian asked, his arm curling around her waist. 

Kat pouted. "You said it's time to go but I was having so much fun with Mani! Can we stay a little longer?"

"No, baby. I'm glad Michael called me and told me to come get you. I'll have him call Mani an Uber home."

"I'm glad too. I was getting a little tired," Kat admitted softly, rubbing her hand against his face. And she really was glad to see him. Florian felt himself softening at her sweetness, but he tried to shake himself out of it, even as he carried her out of the club and she laid her head in his chest, the fluffiness of her afro rubbing against his face. He sat her down in the passenger side of the car and braced his arms on either side of the door.

Kat pouted as she sat down. "Why haven't you kissed me yet?"

Florian held back a smile, but leaned down to peck her lips once. He pulled away and folded his arms across his chest.

"Tell me why you were out here acting single tonight."

She gaped at him. "Was notttt."

He looked over her outfit. "Should I show you the videos that these girls have been posting with you on Instagram?"

Kat put a hand over her eyes, laughing a little. "No. I've been showing my ass all night."

"I know we haven't been together long, but I think we need to get some shit straight."

Kat nodded up at him, which he found a bit strange. He wasn't 100% sure that she was fully listening to him, but he kept talking anyways, listing out how necessary it was for her to check in with him throughout the night, to call him as soon as she was ready to go, how she probably would regret her presence on social media in the morning, how he felt seeing her ass out everywhere, how he would like to know what she's wearing when she went out without him, all the way home until her looked over at her and realized she had fallen asleep.

Florian shook his head at himself. He couldn't even be irritated with her. Things would go differently in the future, but for now, he knew he might as well just chill because Kat had obviously not had any intention of disrespecting their relationship when the night started. It bothered him that she was full-on drunk without him around to look out for her, but he realized he should just be glad she'd made it home safely.

He carried Kat up the stairs to his apartment and laid her on the bed. As her pulled up the covers around her, her eyes fluttered open.

"Did you have fun tonight?" He asked, pulling her bonnet over he curls.

"Yes," she smiled sleepily. She opened one of her eyes more fully. "Are you mad at me?"

"No, baby. Go to sleep." She reached up to him, indicating that she wanted him in bed beside her. Unable to resist, Florian laid down beside her and pulled her into his chest. He let his body relax, letting go of his worries and anger from only and hour prior. They would get their shit straight in the morning.