Homies | Matt Rife

Tori was not the type of girl that wanted to be friends with benefits with anybody

Tori was not the type of girl that wanted to be friends with benefits with anybody. Until she met Matt, and the thought became more intriguing than ever. But then, throughout college, they became really good friends, and even decided to live together in a one bedroom apartment while they both got their careers off the ground after graduation.

That decision had been made two years ago, and even though now they both were in decent financial spaces, they'd just recently renewed their lease together again.

Without the romantic attachment, they were...partners. They took care of each other and since neither one of them had any serious dating prospects, there was no harm in their closeness. Although at times Tori did fear that she would never want to give him up.

For now, she enjoyed the simple pleasures of living together, one of her favorite being the meals they shared together every Friday night. Tonight she was cooking some of his favorites, macaroni and cheese, collard greens (from a can :)), and baked chicken. Her mom had walked her through the recipes over the phone for the 1000th time while she cooked, teasing her about what a wifely thing this was to do.

"How was the show?" Tori called out as she heard the front door open, signaling that Matt was home.

"Shit, man. It was cool," he took his hat off as he entered the kitchen, scratching his head and flashing that perfectly straight smile.  He kissed her on the cheek quickly before his eyes averted to the the stove.

Matt did that every day, grazing his hand across her waist, but it still made her shiver every time.

"Tor, I love you," he said later, as he shoveled a second helping of macaroni on to his plate.

Tori watched him from her seat on the couch.

"Shit, I love me too," she replied, rubbing her new food baby.

"So did you do any new bits at the show?"

Matt grinned a mischievous smile over at her. "You know you give me all the material I need, Tori."