Everything | Timothee Chalamet

Liza was used to the white boys staring, intrigued by her looks

Liza was used to the white boys staring, intrigued by her looks. But they never approached, so she typically just ignored them. But not Tim. That night, he made sure there was no way for her to ignore him.
She was nursing her first drink at a kickback hosted by one of her roommate, Ashley's, fraternity friends, looking around at the other college students gathered there with some distaste. She was possibly the only Black girl at the party, and that had so far been a regrettable experience. She'd already seen enough fishing shirts and khaki shorts to know this was not her scene. She had literally been convinced that they weren't going to let her in, but Ash knew a lot of people here, so it was easier than she expected. The guys at the door did look over her long locs, crop top, and ripped jeans several times though. She was in a circle of Ash's friends when Ash leaned into her ear with a snicker.
"White boy staring at 12 o'clock," she gestured over her shoulder.
"Oh?" Liza didn't even glance behind her.
"I mean...he's really staring," Ash emphasized.
Liza rolled her eyes, turned around, and there he was. A tall, lanky guy in a black turtleneck and jeans, with dark hair flopping into his eyes stood on the other side of the room with his magnetic gaze focused entirely on her. He really didn't look like her type, but...he was staring at her, sipping from his drink and obviously appreciating what he saw with an intensity that rattled her.
She looked away quickly, shook at the way her heart rate was picking up. She whispered to Ashley. "Is he still looking?"
Ash nodded, obviously amused by what was happening.
Liza looked back at the mystery man again with a frown, and he smirked at her, obviously not afraid to hold her gaze. It was the sexiest thing she'd seen in a minute, and that alarming thought pushed her to break eye contact again.
"Um...let's go...get another drink," Liza grabbed Ash's arm, dragging her over to the kitchen.
"Look at you all flustered and shit. Your punk ass better talk to that man by the end of the night."
Liza grabbed a beer, ignoring Ashley's words. Ashley continued to look at her with her eyebrow raised. Liza sucked her teeth.
"Man look-" Just as Liza began to explain why she would not talk to the elusive white boy, he appeared with his hands in his pockets in the kitchen doorway and she immediately stopped talking.
Ashley turned, smiled at mystery man, and then left her in the kitchen. What a hoe, Liza thought.
Liza took a long chug of her drink.
"You should take it easy on that," mystery man uttered his first words to her.
As a reflex, she rolled her eyes. "And why is that?"
He hesitated for a moment, and then shrugged.
"You just look like a lightweight." He smirked again, taking a sip of his own drink. It was a weird, yet innocent comment, and Liza could tell he had wanted to say something else. He held her eyes, and she squinted at him, trying to figure out what color his were.
"Who are you again?" Liza finally questioned.
"I'm Tim," he took a step closer to her. She took a small step back, searching his face for both any familiarity, and because she felt like she couldn't look away at this point.
"I'm...I..." Liza started, biting my lip in thought.
"Liza. I heard your friend say it. Am I making you nervous?" Tim asked, taking a small step towards her again.
"No. No."
He knew she was lying so he just shook his head.
"Do you want to dance?" he gestured toward the living room.
Liza looked at him like he was crazy. The music was some EDM crap that she had never heard before. Liza's skin pricked with heat in the silence. Given the way he was looking at her, she probably would do anything he asked her to at this point. But Tim didn't push.
"Can I come closer to you?" He asked. Liza nodded slowly. Her heartbeat had skyrocketed, but that fact was more irritating than anything. She'd never experience lust at first sight before, yet here it was. And she had no idea what to do with it. She took a breath, and suddenly they were chest to chest, with Tim's hand on the counter beside her. He wasn't touching her, but she felt like he was.  "I need to know I'm not crazy. Are you feeling this too?"
She didn't answer, still watching watching his mouth. She swallowed dryly. Her thoughts were a mess.
"I can't..."
"I know," his lips pressed to her ear.
"I want..."
"What do you want, doll?"
Liza took in a shaky deep breath.
"Can we get out of here?" she whispered. Liza  couldn't really believe the words had just left her mouth, but she felt her desire all the same.
Tim nodded, still not smiling, but she could tell that her request pleased him. Before moving, he pressed the pad of his thumb to my lips, she assumed so that he could watch her tremble, because tremble she did. He then smirked that devilish smile down at her.
They walked towards the door, Tim's hand on the small of Liza's back as he led her through the crowd of bodies. She grabbed her coat from the closet by the door. Tim literally helped her into it, arm by arm and then zipped it to the top.
"Thanks," she muttered.
He thumbed her cheek, his mouth lifting at the corner.
They stood chest to chest in the cold, waiting for their Uber outside. "Text your friend that you're leaving," Tim suggested. He tugged Liza closer to him. She was shaking from the cold.
As Liza pulled her phone from her purse, Tim began rubbing circles on her back.
He pressed a kiss to the skin of Liza's throat and she moaned.
Liza was immediately embarassed, but Tim smiled down at her like it was the most natural thing in the world to be this turned on in a public space. "So Liza," he put a cold hand against her cheek to make her look up at him again. "What else, do you want?"
Liza groaned. He was searching for some enthusiastic consent that she was not accustomed to giving. "I can't..." she started with frustration.
Tim moved to stand square in front of her so that she couldn't see what was happening on the street around us.
"Tell me," he repeated, continuing the movement of his hand against her neck.
Liza shook head, embarrassed to show so much need.
"If we're going home together, you're gonna need to trust me," he stopped the movement of his hands and curled one around the back of her neck.
Liza frowned up at him. "I don't think that's how one night stands work. I don't have to trust you for us to have sex," she said with clear saltiness in her voice.
"In my bed you do," he said seriously in response, his eyes focused on my her every reaction.
Liza  sputtered for a response. She felt the need to buck against the weird sort of power and mystery he radiated, against the ridiculous attraction that she felt towards him. What he wanted was unspoken: a vulnerability that she wanted to give, but rarely ever did. To anybody. And here came this white man...
"Have you ever had a "one night stand" before?" He raised an eyebrow at her, interrupting her thoughts.
Liza glared up at him through my eyelashes. Even without knowing her, he knew the answer. Suddenly, his hand trailed inside of her shirt, meeting her bare skin. She shivered as his hand ghosted along my back. "Do I need to disclose that to you?"
His hands stopped moving.
"C'mon Liza. This stops unless you can let go a little more."
"Fine, no."
The Uber pulled up and rolled down the window to say Tim's name. He let Liza in first, but didn't let her have much space, sitting right next to her in the middle seat. She turned her head away from his, looking out the window.
"I didn't mean to make you upset. So you're not comfortable. We've got all night to work on that," he shrugged, easing his arm around her shoulders.
She looked at him from the side.
"But Tim. I know what I want, you know what I want. And that's to spend the night together."
Liza ignored the little part of her mind that was saying that wasn't entirely true. He scoffed "I hardly think that one night will be enough for me, doll."
He said this, as his hand was now on her thigh, and Liza was once again having trouble focusing on his words. "What?" She panted. He didn't answer immediately, giving her that intense look again and threading one of his hands through her locs.
She moved closer and did what she had been wanting to do all night, leaving up to press a soft kiss to his lips. His grip in her hair tightened as she pulled away, but he didn't let her get far.
"I don't think that what you're willing to give me tonight will be enough, Liza, because I want everything."

———————————————————
if you're reading this, you ✨deserve✨