Roommates | Matthew Gray Gubler

"Honey, I'm home!" I heard Matthew holler as he entered the apartment

"Honey, I'm home!" I heard Matthew holler as he entered the apartment. I rolled my eyes from my seat on the couch, where I was working and watching another episode of Grey's Anatomy. 

Matthew was my roommate of the past year. At first I had been kind of hesitant to live with a guy, but honestly he'd been pretty good to me. He was a super nerd, working at one of those startup tech companies. I never knew what he was talking about when he explained his job to me. I was a graphic designer and I typically worked from home. Even though Mathew could be annoying, I liked not being alone all the time. 

He appeared beside the couch, clearing his throat loudly to get my attention. I continued looking at my computer.

"Well hello, darling, how was your day?" I asked dryly. The couch sunk as he sat down beside me. I knew he was waiting for me to give him my full attention to answer. I finally looked away from my computer to meet his brown eyes.

He reached out to pull me towards him. "Terrible. Horrible. I missed you," he said dramatically, plopping a kiss on my forehead.

"Whateverrr. Sorry I couldn't meet you for lunch," I said, leaning into him for a second. 

"It's okay, honey. I know housewives have duties too," he said. I smacked his head away from me as he busted out laughing, even though I couldn't help but smile too. 

"What are you making for dinner tonight? The boys are coming over."

I groaned. "The boys?"

"Oh come on, you love them," he said, rolling his eyes. He was kind of right. But it was more like I enjoyed the attention I got as the only girl in a group of boys. Tonight I wasn't really feeling it though.

"I was gonna do my hair tonight though. I'll just stay up in my room," I said, gesturing to my curls in their pineapple updo.

"I'll help you with it tomorrow. Just chill with us tonight," he insisted. I couldn't pass up the help, so I agreed.

Because I like to cook, I made a dinner of tacos, beans, and rice for them and then reclined on the couch beside Matthew while we waited for his friends to arrive.

Matthew tugged at the end of my soffee shorts. "Are these your pajamas?" he looked down at my bare legs.

"Yes..." I responded, not really giving him my full attention as I scrolled on my phone. If he asked me to change I would pack up the food to save for my lunch next week. He didn't say anything for a minute, and then just settled on, "they're cute."

I giggled, looking over at his face. "Sometimes I forget you're attracted to me."

It was something we'd talked about before, but it never went past us both acknowledging that we were good looking people. "Yes, and now all my friends will be too," he muttered, tugging a little at the hem of my shorts. "Well I mean, they're cute too so," I shrugged. He shot me an unamused look.