Fading

North acted fast and quickly dawned a large red coat and a brown fur hat. He directed the rest of you toward a different area of the workshop, claiming you all should take his sled to the palace. Jack and you tried to protest, but North didn't listen as he moved forward through the shop. Pushing open two large wooden doors, North immediately started barking orders at the elves and yetis inside.

"North, I told you! We're not going with you guys!" you said as you and Jack dodged the yetis running around.

"There's no way I'm climbing into some rickety old..." Jack's voice trailed off as two yetis slowly pulled open a set of doors. "...sleigh."

Hooves stamped on the icy ground as a group of reindeer came forward already in gear. The yetis directed them forward with the front reins, and one of them reared up in front of you. Jack quickly pulled you away the same time North directed the reindeer's attention toward him. In tandem with the yetis' movements, the beasts pulled an sleek red sleigh into view.

The sleigh rested on large metal skis. Round wooden wings rested on either side of it. The back was layered with steps to act as seats. At the very front sat a large globe.

You and Jack stared wide eyed, absolutely in awe at the vehicle. It definitely was not what you were expecting.

North glanced smugly at Jack.

"Okay. One ride but that's it," Jack declared and hopped in.

"This is so cool," you said as you let a small breeze help you in, and Sandman closely followed.

"Everyone loves the sleigh," North said as he got in at the front and grabbed the reins for the reindeer. "Bunny! What are you waiting for?"

"I think my tunnels might be faster, mate," Bunny said and thumped his foot against the side of the sleigh. "And, um, and safer."

"Oh, come on, Bunny. It'll be fun!" you tried.

Bunny just shook his head, still staring at the vehicle.

"Get in!" North grabbed Bunny's scruff and yanked him onto the sleigh. "Buckle up!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where are the bloody seatbelts?" Bunny panicked.

"Ha! That was just expression." North faced forward. "Are we ready?"

His crew let out frantic noises as they tried to quickly finish the last bit of preparation. North cracked the reins, and the reindeer bolted off. Bunny cried out as he left scratches in the wood with his nails. Jack laughed as his expression of fear. North continued to urge the reindeer forward, and the sleigh went through the large tunnel of ice. Bunny's screams echoed off the walls as the sleigh sped along through the tunnel, avoiding long icicles, and glided along an ice slide. Wooden towers with yetis on them watched the sleigh's progress from above. North laughed as he pulled a lever, and the sleigh moved all around a tunnel to avoid random ice spikes.

"I hope you like the loop-de-loops!" North called out to Bunny.

Bunny yelped. "I hope you like carrots!"

Sandman threw his hands up in the air gleefully.

The sleigh finally exited the tunnel, ran onto a small dock, before leaping off it and flying into the air. Bunny's shriek could be heard echoing off the snowy mountains. The reindeer moved with incredible speed as you all soared through the air. It almost felt as exhilarating as flying on your own. Almost.

You gripped onto the railing of the sleigh for stability and stood up. The wind was cold but gentle as it moved along your skin. With a chuckle, Jack jumped up to the back of the sleigh to look back at North's shrinking workshop. Bunny moaned and kept himself as close to the floor as he could.