Prologue

A/N. Hello, everyone! Welcome to my reader insert of the Rise of the Guardians fanfiction! I have been wanting to write one for some time and inspiration struck me through a dream one night and here we are! Just so you all know, this will be following the events of the movie. I'm very excited for you guys to read this. I hope you all enjoy it! -Anna

Y/n- Your name

L/n- Last name

P/c- Pastel color

F/f- Favorite flower

I will put these at the top of the chapters to let you all know what's going to be used in the chapter, so keep an eye on them! They will change for each chapter.

~~~

Snow crunched under your feet as you trudged your way forward. It reached up to the middle of your calves every time you took a step. The wind was unforgiving as it kept blowing your way and lifting your hood off of your head. The snowfall made it impossible to see more than a couple feet in front of you. Your little lantern did nothing to ward off the darkness of the night surrounding you. Bare trees towered over you, and you did your best to not run into one and spill your precious cargo.

Your body wouldn't stop shivering. You couldn't feel your legs or ears. You tried to grip harder onto the large burlap sack you had in your arms, but you figured out you couldn't feel your fingers either. It felt like you feet were made of boulders. The dual daggers you brought along for protection hung heavy on the belt that was around your waist. Your teeth chattered incessantly, and you were pretty sure your nose was completely frozen.

Even though you brought the warmest and as many layers of clothing you possibly could, you couldn't have imagined how bad the snow storm was and how much worse it would get. All your limbs felt like they had stones attached to them. But you kept moving forward, and you soon enough recognized the willow tree, even without the wispy green hair it sported during the spring. It stood tall not far from the the border fence, and you could always see it from wherever you were in the village. The pond that sat in front of it was completely frozen over, but you still made sure to make a wide sweep around it despite the cold. You knew then how close to home you were.

You let out a shaky breath of relief. Just a little longer.

As you got to the fence, a strong gust of wind almost knocked you over, but you braced yourself against the fence. At that point, you weren't sure you would ever feel warmth again. You felt like your entire body was made of ice.

You reminded yourself of the dire mission you absolutely needed to complete, and slowly put one foot in front of the other. The sack in your arms seemed to grow heavier with each step. You were sure your fingers were frozen around it at that point.

Finally you spotted the familiar wooden house, and your heart soared. Stumbling toward it like a newborn deer, your excitement grew with each step.

Suddenly, your legs gave out on you, and you collapsed on the steps of the house. The sack and your lantern fell out of your arms into the snow. All you could feel was cold. Little snowflakes were already coating your body which was completely numb. Darkness started to creep into the edges of your eyesight, and all you wanted to do was sleep.

A stinging sensation suddenly reached your eyes as the door of the house opened to let a warm light shine out into the night. Vaguely, you heard a scream of your name. The darkness took over your vision, and you let yourself succumb to the fatigue.

~~~***~~~