A.J

The gang was currently walking down the road for Vermillion City.

All of a sudden, a bush rustled, alerting Ashley and her friends. Ashley let a small bit of her Aura seep into the bush and was surprised to find an Aura Pokemon. The Pokemon jumped out of the bush, startling Misty and Brock. Ashley pointed her Pokedex at it.

 Ashley pointed her Pokedex at it

Riolu

The Emanation Pokemon

Its body is lithe yet powerful. It can crest three mountains and cross two canyons in one night.

Gender: Male

"A Riolu! That is a Pokemon, hard to come by! I'm gonna catch it." Said Ashley.

Riolu looked at Ashley and tilted his head. He felt a very powerful aura coming from her. The most powerful he felt in years. After a few seconds, the Riolu smiled and rushed to hug Ashley's waist. It would've sent her tumbling down but Ashley was a girl who trained in mixed martial arts for years. A simple tackle wouldn't pull her down.

"Woah!" Ashley exclaimed. "Why did you do that?" She asked.

'I'm sorry! I was just so excited to see a person with a strong aura.' The Riolu talked telepathically.

"What?! You can talk!?" Misty and Brock, shocked. Ashley wasn't exactly surprised because she knew the Pokemon can use aura.

'Ah, yes. I can talk telepathically using aura.' He replied.

'Can I please come with you!?' He pleaded.

"Of course, you can." Said Ashley happily. She tapped the Pokeball on his head and it sucked him in. The Pokeball moved for a while then dimmed into a red dot on its center, showing she has exceeded the limit. "Hmm, I have to send some Pokemon back to the lab." 

Ashley decided to send her Pidgeyotto, Ditto, Vulpix, Azumarill, and Gyarados to the lab. She took out Riolu's Pokeball and called him out. 'Yes, Mistress?'

"I'm gonna hand over a name and a Poke Magia Stone to you." Explained Ashley. Riolu looked confused at the word Magia Stone. Ashley noticed it and explained what it is. Leading him to get interested in it. "I'm going to call you, Astra."

Riolu was pleased. 'As you wish, Mistress.'

"Now to scan you."