StahlXreader

My lady, I may never take my eyes off you again! ...Unless I'm about to run into a wall.-Stahl female marriage quote.

While tending to Stahl's horse, you couldn't help but let your mind wander in thought. Today was Valentines Day, and you had hoped to spend it with your lover. It seemed he had forgotten all about the holiday however, and he carried out his day like it was any other. You sighed in disappointment at the loneliness you were feeling. Stahl had insisted he head to the next town over to restock our supplies, and he wasn't supposed to be back for another two hours. You were all alone on the most romantic day of the year. The thought made you feel even worse, so you tried to shake that feeling out of your head.

Snapping you out of your inner thoughts, the usually lovable brown horse suddenly let out a neigh and nudged you away from it. You took a few steps backwards in surprise, expecting to find an empty space behind you. Instead, you felt something, or someone, pressed up against your back. Curiously, you looked up to see a man with mesmerizing emerald eyes and tousled green hair looking back at you, one of his hands gently squeezing your shoulder.

"Be careful, my lady." He said smiling. You jumped forward in surprise and turned around to face the man.

"Stahl! You weren't supposed to be back so soon!" You exclaimed, a happy smile on your face.

He chuckled at your reaction. "Well, I wasn't going to just leave you alone on Valentines Day! What kind of lover would I be then?"

Your smile only grew wider as he said this. He HAD remembered! In your excitement, you ran up to Stahl and pulled him into a hug, your face pressing up against his soft black turtleneck. He wrapped his arms gently around your waist in reply, pulling your body even closer then it already was, if that was even possible.

"I missed you." You whispered, a happy tear falling down your face. He placed his head on top of your own and kissed it softly.

"I'm sorry. I won't leave you alone again, I promise." He whispered in reply, leaning back to look at your face as he did.

"I have something for you." As he said this, he reached into the brown satchel strapped across his chest and pulled out a small gold box with a shiny velvet ribbon fastened across the top. You took it into your hands and tried to decipher what was inside.

"Go ahead, open it." Stahl said, gesturing to the box in your hands. At his suggestion, you proceeded to unravel the ribbon and open the box. Inside the box was a small clear glass bottle holding a light pink liquid inside if it. You gently picked it up out of the box and curiously sniffed the top of the bottle. A sweet smell of roses emanated from the opening of the bottle, confirming your suspicions of what the bottle was. Stahl had given you perfume. You looked up at him and smiled.

"It smells lovely! Thank you Stahl!" You exclaimed. He let out a sigh of relief and smile back.

"I'm glad you like it! It took me a while to make the desired scent of roses, but it seems it was worth the extra work to see you smile like that."

"Wait, you made this yourself?! That's amazing Stahl!"

"I-it's not that amazing, but I'm glad you like it. I guess learning alchemy wasn't such a bad idea after all." He said, rubbing the back if his head, obviously embarrassed by your praise.

Enthusiastically, you sprayed the perfume bottle close to your neck, making you radiate the smell of roses. As you put the bottle back into its box and started to tuck it in the pocket of your dark purple coat, you felt a larger sized box inside it. Oh that's right!

"I have something for you as well!" you stated, holding the green and gold box you had discovered in your pocket up to Stahl. He slowly took it out of your hands and opened it. Inside laid a collection of fried fig cakes. Stahl's face beamed as he smiled at you.

"These are my favorite! Thank you my lady, but you really didn't have to buy me anything."

"Oh, on the contrary! I didn't buy you anything, I made them myself! Your not the only talented one in this relationship." You stated, a smirk plastered on your face as you said this. His smile grew even wider and you swore you could almost hear the kittens in his heart meowing excitedly. This brought joy to your own heart. You always loved seeing your lover happy. Stahl probably felt the same way about you as well. You picked up one of the fig cakes and held it up to his mouth playfully.

"Say ahh!" You instructed, laughing. He opened his mouth and you placed the cake on his tongue. He gave you one of his usual smiles as he ate it.

"It's fantastic!" He cried, making you giggle like a little girl.

"I'm glad you like them!"

"Want to try one?" He asked, a sparkle in his eye as he did. Before waiting for you to reply, he placed a soft kiss on your lips that made your heart skip a beat. You could taste the fig cake on his lips as you kissed him, making you internally laugh to yourself. So this is what he meant, you thought. When you eventually pulled away, you let out a laugh.

"Happy Valentines Day, my lady." He said, a bright blush surfacing on his cheeks. You gave him another hug as you replied.

"Happy Valentines Day." As you replied, Stahl's horse let out a happy neigh as if to wish the two of you a happy holiday together.

.........................................................

Thank you for reading! This was requested by GeekinessandOrange, I hope you liked it! I'm trying to aim for at least one one-shot a day up until Valentines day, but forgive me if I miss a day. Please comment if you want to request a certain character for me to do next, and I will try to do as many requests as I can. I appreciate your support!
-Ladyrin-chan