GaiusXreader

Baby, your a river of chocolate in an ocean of cream. I'm gonna steal your heart on a daily basis.- Gaius female marriage quote

You walked out of your tent purposefully, a heart-shaped box of chocolates in hand. This was the first Valentines day you and Gaius were going to spend together, and you couldn't wait to see what was in store for you. As you walked to Gaius's tent, you couldn't help but notice the feeling of happiness and excitement radiating all around you. More determined than ever to see your lover, you quickened your steps, almost to the point of a full-blown sprint. In your hurry, you didn't notice the green-eyed ginger heading in your direction, resulting in you running into him and tumbling to the ground. You groaned, but to your surprise, the ground felt considerably soft. Looking down, you suddenly realized why.

"Hey Bubbles, mind getting off of me now?" Gaius asked, slightly annoyed. Embarrassed, you practically jumped back into a standing position and offered Gaius your hand.

"I'm so sorry Gaius! I didn't notice you!" You apologized, helping Gaius pull himself off the ground.

"Just watch where you're going next time." He replied, stretching his arms over his head. Looking around, you suddenly realized the chocolates that had been in your hand had disappeared when you fell. Worriedly, you started to scan the ground for any sign of where they could have gone. If you couldn't find them, there would be nothing you could give to Gaius for Valentines Day!

"Looking for this?" He asked, a sly smirk on his face. You looked up to see him holding the heart-shaped box in his hand. As you tried to take it from him, Gaius pulled it out of your reach.

"Ah ah ah! You're going to have to catch me first Bubbles!" He hollered as he started running away from you.

"Gaius!" You screamed, sprinting after him as you did. At first you were annoyed at Gaius for taking the box from you, but eventually it turned into a game of catch that you were enjoying immensely. The fresh air whipping by you as you ran made you feel alive, and it felt as though you were a child again! After what seemed like forever you finally caught up to him. The chase had led you both into the deep forest next to camp. While you were both gasping for air, you finally were able to take the box from him. He tried to retrieve it back, but was too exhausted from the run to do so.

"Alright, alright, fine, I give up. You win this one Bubbles." He declared in defeat. He suddenly plopped himself down onto the ground, and since you were tired as well, you did so along with him.

" I was always good at these kind of games." You replied breathlessly, giving Gaius a playful punch in his shoulder as you did so. After a few moments of listening to each other catching your breath, Gaius finally spoke up.

"So" he began, gesturing at the box you had placed beside you"who's the lucky someone?"

You smiled slightly as you picked up the heart box beside you. "Obviously you, who else enjoys candy as much as you do?"

He took the box into his hands, his green eyes shining as he spoke. "For me? You didn't have to buy me anything, Bubbles."

"I didn't, I made them all myself!" you stated proudly. " I hope you like them, it took me hours to try to get them to taste even the smallest bit decent."

"Well, lets find out how good they really are." Gaius proceeded to open the box, revealing small, heart shaped chocolates inside. He lifted one out of the box and quickly inspected it before popping it into his mouth. You nervously anticipated to see his reaction towards your home made sweets. After swallowing the chocolate, he gave you a satisfied smile. You took that as a good sign and exhaled the breath you didn't even realize you were holding.

"Not bad Bubbles! They have just the right amount of sweetness to them!" He exclaimed, messing up your hair. You gave him a happy smile as you fixed your hair back into place.

"Here, try one." Gaius insisted, holding a chocolate up to your mouth. You let Gaius place the candy on your tongue. As you chewed it happily, you thought that all of the hours spent in the kitchen had been worth it.

"I have something for you, too." Gaius said, digging into one of his many pockets and handing you a rectangular red box. Curious to what was inside, you opened it to find it filled with coconut brittle.

"I remembered how much you enjoyed it when we went to that beach in the outrealm gate, so I went back and got some for you."he explained.

"How thoughtful! Thank you Gaius, you know me so well." You said happily, wrapping your arms around him and pulling him into a warm embrace. He moved his face away to look at you.

"Happy Valentines Day, baby." He said, leaning in to kiss you. Kissing him back, you noticed his lips tasted faintly like chocolate. The thought of this made you smile happily to yourself . When you finally pulled away, he moved close to your ear and whispered.

"Your lips are sweeter than any candy I've ever tasted, baby. " he said softly, a small smirk forming on his lips. You felt a blush creep up onto your face as he said this.

"Your lucky i'm in a good mood. I would have slapped you by now if I wasn't. " You threatened, laughing a bit.

"Ouch, Bubbles, that's harsh." He replied, pulling you closer to him. This has been an irreplaceable day, you thought to your self. Even if you ever lost your memories again, you knew for certain you would never be alone. Gaius would always be there for you, and as you realized this, you felt as though you were the luckiest girl in the world.

.............................................................

I hope you enjoyed reading this! Sorry it's kinda short, but I didn't know what else to write ahah... Anyway, please comment if you have any requests of what character I should do next. I will try my best to do as many as I can Thank you for your support!

Ladyrin-chan