Lon'quXreader

I-I confess... I do have feelings for...gods, must all these emotions be so vexing?-Lon'qu female marriage quote

Beads of sweat ran down your face as you charged toward Lon'qu, your practice sword in hand. Even though it was Valentines Day, Lon'qu insisted that you should not let yourselves slack off and have a practice session in the training tent. You were determined to finish this battle quickly, but with your lover's speed and strength, he wouldn't be beaten easily. This had to be the most unromantic Valentines Day you had ever had! Even with none of your memories from the past, you still felt this was the most disappointing. You swung your sword at Lon'qu, aiming for his shoulder, but he quickly dodged your attack and jumped behind you. Trying to dodge him, you spun around and got hit in the side by his own sword. You gasped in pain and side stepped away from him while holding your side. You had to think of a strategy or he was going to beat you!

As he came in for another attack, you remembered your secret weapon. As you dodged his incoming attack, you reached into your pocket and grabbed the fig you had stashed in it earlier. Grasping it tightly in hand, you waited for his next move. As he charged towards you again, you lifted your arm and tossed the fig as hard as you could toward him. Before he could react, the fig hit him right in the middle of his forehead, making him drop his sword and instinctively rub his fig wound.

"Ugh, this again?" He groaned, complaining to himself. You laughed in triumph as you walked over to him, swinging your sword at your side.

"Looks like I win this one! Who knew that the mighty swordsman could be brought to his knees by a fig," you claimed. As he removed his hand from his forehead, a red mark was forming from where the fig hit him. You chuckled slightly and grabbed his hand gently, making him blush. Even though you had been dating for a while, Lon'qu still wasn't used to so much contact with women.

"You ok? I didn't think I threw it that hard," you asked, moving his messy brown hair from his forehead and kissing his fig wound softly. His blush grew even deeper as he swatted your hand away. You chuckled as you backed away slightly, giving him space.

"Ugh...women," you heard him say under his breath.

"What was that?" you inquired, placing your hands on your hips.

"N-nothing."

"That's what I thought."

You picked up Lon'qu's practice sword from the ground and put his along with yours back on the weapon rack. Turning back to him you stated, " That's what you get for making me practice on Valentines Day."

"I won't allow us to slack off. I have to make sure you can protect yourself," he replied. The realization for this practice finally hit you. He was doing this all for you, so he could secure your safety. All you did was complain about it when he suggested practicing with you. It made you feel terrible. Realizing the drop in your mood, Lon'qu walked over and placed something into your hands. Surprised you looked at him.

"T-this is for you," he said nervously.
Inside your hands was a small black velvet box. You had no idea what Lon'qu could have gotten you, which made you even more excited to open it. Once you did, you gasped in surprise at what you saw. It was a silver, heart shaped locket with a small, red stone in the middle.

"It's beautiful! Thank you Lon'qu!" you exclaimed, pulling him into a hug. You heard him awkwardly cough before he replied.

"I-I'm glad you like it. You don't know how difficult it was to walk into a women's jewelry store to buy it," he explained, blushing slightly.

You chuckled at him, making Lon'qu's blush grow even darker. "Could you put it on?"

"S-sure," he replied, taking the locket into his hands. You turned your back to him and lifted your hair away from your neck. You felt the chain of the locket brush against your collarbone as Lon'qu put it on and closed the clasp behind your neck. Once he was done, you turned around and smiled at him.

"Beautiful..." you heard him whisper to himself, resulting in a blush spreading across your cheeks.

"I have something for you too!" you said, walking over to the brown wrapped package you had leaned against the weapon rack earlier. It was heavy and awkward to carry, but you managed to place it on a nearby table. He raised an eyebrow at you as you gestured for him to open it. As he ripped open the paper and removed the object from its box, it revealed a sword placed inside of a black leather scabbard. Curiously, he picked up the sword and slid it out of the scabbard, exposing a steel blade curved to a katana-like shape. He swung the blade around in the space in front of him and then placed it back into its original place.

"Where did you get this?" he asked. "It has the perfect amount of weight and balance to it."

"I crafted it myself! I knew you broke your sword in the last battle, so I thought I could make you a new one! It's one of a kind too, I added your birthstone to the hilt to make it more personal," you explained, pointing to the ring of opal lined around the hilt.

"It's very well made. Thank you," he said, placing the sword back on the table and then walking over to you. Once he reached you, he slid his arms around your waist, making you blush in surprise. It was so unlike Lon'qu to initiate any kind of contact with you. This in itself was a gift, you thought.

"I will use this sword to protect you with my life," he whispered. "You have my word." Smiling, you gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

"And I will do the same for you, my love. Happy Valentines day," you replied. Unexpectedly, this HAD been the most romantic Valentines Day you had ever experienced. With Lon'qu at your side, you knew that you could accomplish anything. He would always be there for you, and you would do the same for him. You rested your head onto his shoulder and whispered softly. "I love you."

.........................................................

Thank you for reading! This was requested by HyliaHellscythe and JayDagger, I hope you both enjoyed
it! Remember to comment if you have a request and I will try to do as many as I can! Thank you all for your support!

-Ladyrin-chan