InigoXreader

I used to say this to all the ladies, but... You are truly the only one for me. -Inigo female marriage quote

You walked out of your tent excitedly and headed in the direction of your lover's. You were anxious to give him the gift you had bought him for Valentines Day. With this thought in mind, you quickened your stride, trying your best to avoid plowing into the other shepherds in your rush. Turning at the corner, you saw your lover standing a few feet away, his back facing towards you. This would be the perfect opportunity to surprise him, you thought. As you tiptoed closer, you suddenly noticed that he wasn't alone. He was facing a group of about three girls who were looking thoughtfully in response to whatever he was saying. You felt a hot tear glide past your cheek. He was flirting with other girls! On Valentines day no less! Your small cries turned into pained, angry sobs. You thought he would change now that you two were dating, but apparently you were wrong. Hearing your cries, Inigo suddenly turned around to face you, his sparkling silvery-grey eyes widening in surprise. You did end up surprising him after all, you thought.

"My lady! It's not what you think!"he said frantically.

"Then what is this then? I thought you promised not to flirt with other women," you cried. Not wanting to hear anymore of what he had to say, you ran as fast as you could away from camp, heading into the woods nearby.

"Wait! I can explain!" Inigo yelled after you. You could hear his footsteps close behind you, but you didn't stop running. In fact, you only quickened your pace. After running for what seemed like forever, you took a seat under a large oak tree in the woods and tried to catch your breath. Your face felt hot and wet with tears, but you didn't bother wiping them off. Sighing, you closed your eyes and pulled your knees close to you, resting your head on top of them. You didn't want to believe that Inigo was cheating on you, but how could you not after what you had just observed? After a while you felt an arm wrap around your back and a hand running through your hair. You looked up to see Inigo looking at you with an apologetic and worried look.

"Are you ok?"he asked.

"Does it look like I'm ok? You lied to me Inigo," you replied, annoyed.

"I'm sorry, dear. I didn't mean to upset you. I was only having a simple conversation with them," he explained.

You laughed sarcastically at him. "Ya right! You expect me to believe you were simply talking to those girls? I know you Inigo, I know what your like."

"I-I'm being honest! I love only you, my lady," he stated firmly, gently wiping a tear off your cheek when he did.

"R-really?"you questioned.

"Of course, dear! I wouldn't lie to you about that!"

"Then if you truly love only me, you will stop flirting with other women."

" My lady, isn't that a little harsh?" he asked. You gave him an angry glare at his answer, resulting in him letting out a nervous gulp.

"Y-yes dear. I'll try my best."

You gave him a small smile in reply.
"Good, that's what I want to hear." You let your smile fade a little as you continued. "But if I catch you flirting with another women again, you won't get of so easily."

He let out a nervous laugh and said "I guess I'm lucky that it's a holiday, or my punishment would have been worse."

"Speaking of holiday, I got something for you," you said, reaching into your deep purple coat and pulling out a red rectangular tin. With one of his signature white toothed, closed eye smiles, he took the tin into his hands.

"You didn't have to get me anything, dear," he said happily.

"I almost didn't give it to you because of the way you acted, but you DO deserve something for everything you do for me," you replied, blushing slightly.

"Aww, Im flattered!"he said, blushing also. After smiling at you again, he took the lid of the tin to reveal natural smelling herbs. He looked back at you with a smile wider then the one he had given you before.

"This is a wonderful gift, dear! I love it! What kind of tea is it?"

"It's camomile. I know how much you love to drink it, since most of our dates have been us talking over tea,"you explained.

"We will have to plan another date to have it together then." He took your hand gently in his own and lovingly looked into your eyes. Too distracted by Inigo's staring, you didn't notice him slip a small box into your hand. Curious, you looked down and opened the box sitting in your palm.
You gasped in amazement when you saw what was inside. It was a polished silver ring with a small circular ruby set in the middle.

"Inigo, this is a beautiful ring! I don't know if I can accept something so extravagant."

"My lady, you must! I had it made specially for you! I even had other women look at it to see if it would meet your approval."

"Wait, that's what you were doing with those girls?" He nodded in response. "I-I'm so sorry Inigo, I misunderstood," you said, looking down at your hands in guilt as you did. You had accused him for flirting when he was only trying to do something nice for you. It made you feel awful.

"Not to worry! If you accept the ring, I will forgive you." After a moment of thought, you finally replied.

"If that's what it takes, then I accept," you said smiling. He lifted your hand and gently slipped the ring onto your ring finger.

"I love you, my lady. Don't ever forget that," he stated as he leaned his face close to yours. He gently placed his lips on yours and proceeded to kiss you softly. Smiling, you wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed him back. A few moments passed before you pulled away, a small blush spreading across your cheeks as you looked Inigo in the eye.

"I love you too, Inigo. You are the only one for me."

.........................................................

Thank you for reading! I want to wish you all a happy Valentines Day! Even though it will be after Valentines Day, I will continue to post one-shots for the requests I have already received. I will not be accepting as many new requests, however. This was requested by XxBrunette_GirlxX and The_Insane_Reader, I hope you both enjoyed it!

-Ladyrin-chan