Chapter 3: An unexpected friendship

(A/N: Hey, you might notice that I unpublished the bio chapter. Basically, I decided that I don't wanna do bio chapters anymore, and I just wanna make sure that I can introduce everything from the bio naturally without needing its help. Tell me if the story still works.)

Todoroki: "Hey."

Y/n: "Uhhh.....Hello? I-uh...You're....Shouko Todoroki, right?"

Todoroki: "And you're Y/n L/n. I wanted to ask you about yesterday....You seemed to be staring at me a lot....why was that?"

Y/n internally freaked out. He didn't want her to know about his imaginary rivalry, as that would be embarrassing, but, he also didn't wanna say that he found her attractive, because he had noticed a group of people eating at a table together close by who were paying close attention to their conversation, and were probably from her class.

Y/n: Maybe just a half-truth?

Y/n: "O-oh, that? Well, uh...you see...It was just...jealousy, y'know? Because you have such a cool Quirk. And I....don't."

Todoroki: "No need to say it like that, if you're smart, any Quirk can be useful-"

Y/n: "No, I-I actually meant that....I have nothing. I'm in the 20%. Quirkless."

Her expression softened as she nodded slowly.

Todoroki: "Oh.....I see....I'm sorry."

Y/n: "It's alright, you didn't know."

Todoroki: "Well...if it's any consolation...I'm not exactly....happy with the conditions of my birth, either. Don't ask, because I won't elaborate."

Y/n: "Must be hard, looking for the Avatar while school's still on."

She looked at him confused, not understanding the joke.

Todoroki: "Uh....I'm sorry? Looking for who?"

Y/n: "Oh, you haven't watched....n-nevermind. Soooo.....Uhh....It's nice to meet you?"

Todoroki: "Uh, y-yeah, yeah....It is.....Hey, do you wanna...maybe meet up later? We're having a Quirk training hangout after school's over, and, you seemed lonely, maybe it could be fun?"

Y/n: "Oh, uh.....S-sure, why not."

Y/n nodded at her as the bell rang, and he got up.

Y/n: That was....terrifying. Now I know what all the Zuko fans were talking about when they were obsessed with him, how the fuck did that kind of a scar manage to be hot?

He shook his head to clear out his thoughts, and took a deep breath.

Y/n: Okay, stop focusing on that shit, you're not Mineta, just....stop. Get through the day, have a meetup, and that's it.

Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Mineta, urging Chibi Y/n to join the dark side

Y/n was tied up to a chair, staring angrily at Todoroki, who was looking at him with a sympathetic look in her eyes, and a piece of paper with "Villain" written on it taped to her shirt.

Todoroki: "In my defense, I didn't know that they would make you a hostage."

Y/n: "......Eh, fuck it, might as well dive into the role."

Y/n took a deep breath, and made a slightly girly scream.

Y/n: "Ah, help me! I am but an object, a pitiful damsel, held by a villain who is clearly more compatible with the hero than the wooden plank that is my personality! Oh, woe is me! Where is my goodie-two shoes hero who the writer clearly loves so much that they can never let him lose! Or, her, I don't judge...Actually, I'm straight, I'd prefer a heroine....eh, doesn't matter, 500 yen is 500 yen, speaking of which, am I being paid for this?"

Todoroki: "Please stop....and no, you're not."

Y/n: "Sorry, I ramble when I'm bored. So, what's up with the spiky blonde, why'd he make me a hostage?"

Todoroki: "He doesn't like the Quirkless, because he thinks that they're weak."

Y/n: "Can't blame him. I wouldn't like me either."

Todoroki: "Speaking of which...."

The two of them could hear angry screaming in the distance, and, as it got closer, the door of the abandoned classroom exploded, showing the aforementioned spiky blonde.

Bakugou: "WHERE IS-Oh, there you are. Why are we having this Quirkless weakling here, anyways?"

Y/n: "Weakling's here, friend. Can I go home now? I have....homework."

Todoroki sighed, and untied Y/n. 

Todoroki: "Well....You might have been annoying, but you were still bearable. I suppose I'll....see you around"

Y/n: "Y-yeah, sure. Gotta go!"

Saying so, Y/n ran away at breakneck speeds......only to sneak back in via a back entrance and grab his vigilante outfit. 

It made for another day of fun vigilante work, even getting him a lot of notoriety, but, something held him back. Whenever he looked at a high-profile villain that would be something that, if a Quirkless person destroyed, that could shake the WORLD. But.....he still backed away. He always made excuses for himself.

V/n: This is All Might's area of influence, he's gonna fuck him in one punch, I'd take too much time.

Too many excuses.

V/n: Fire would stop this in a matter of seconds, I'd take too long.

An easy way to distract himself from his fear.