Chapter 5: Strength in weakness

The Sports Festival.

Probably the biggest event every year in UA. Everyone could join, regardless of what field they were in. Regardless of Quirk, regardless of skill, nothing mattered, if you were good, you were good. It was happening tomorrow, and Y/n felt a mixture of excitement and apprehension. Of course, he would've loved to join, but, V/n was getting a lot more coverage now, becoming more popular, and there was 100% gonna be a fighting tournament.

So, he decided on a compromise. Try his best on every other round, and if he got to the tournament round, quit.

It was still quite nice, taking on a challenge such as this as a Quirkless.

Terrifying, but exciting. Y/n was about to be completely lost in thought, but he was snapped out of it by Shinso.

Shinso: "Hey, L/n. I'm going to make a declaration of war on 1-A. You in?"

Y/n: "Sure."

Y/n got up, and followed Shinso to class 1-A. At the class, there was a 'peaceful' discussion going on between the prick with fitting hair from Class 1-A, and the copycat from Class 1-B. The prick pushed the copycat to the side, calling him an extra, and then walked ahead, only to be stopped by Y/n and Shinso.

Prick: "Step aside, extra."

Y/n: "Takes one to know one."

The prick, Bakugou, apparently, got even angrier, as Shinso started taunting him.

Shinso: "If this is the best that your class has to offer, I'm seriously doubting the abilities of the so-called villains that attacked you."

Y/n: "Wait, no, didn't they get carried by the teachers?"

Shinso: "Yeah....they did, didn't they?"

Bakugou, even more pissed off than before, shoved the two of them aside, as he walked away. Coincidentally, Y/n was shoved right into Todoroki, who caught him before he could crash into her.

Todoroki: "Are you also participating, L/n?"

Shinso: "Actually, yeah, I am curious about that."

Y/n: "Oh, that? Yeah, so look, there's always a fighting tournament in the event, right? But there's no other events where you directly compete with the other students. So, I'll just do those events, and then forfeit the tournament."

Shinso nodded, and walked away, saying that he needed to prepare, as Todoroki started walking back in, but before she could, she noticed Y/n saying something under his breath.

Y/n: "Although.... it's a damn shame...I wonder if..."

She looked towards him, into his eyes.

Todoroki: What the...

Y/n had a determined fire in his eyes. That much was expected, it was the Sports festival, it would've been more surprising if he DIDN'T have a fire in his eyes....but...she had never seen a fire this bright. It made Endeavour look like a matchstick in comparison. And, as quickly as it appeared, it was gone.