Chapter 6: Horses of the apocalypse

The next event had been announced. A team game, with four players at the base as the legs, and one at the top. It was a stroke of luck that Y/n had the friends that he did. Or rather, singular friend who was good at making temporary friends. Sure enough, he found Shinso with his four horses.

Y/n: "Room for one more?"

Shinso: "Always room in the slave army."

Y/n nodded, as Shinso looked at him for a few seconds and sighed. He got a more concerned expression on his face as he looked back at him.

Shinso: "Look, man. You're really fast, I'll give you that. And I could see from class that you're also very smart. But... you're still Quirkless. And..this event is different. People will actually be going for the kill with their Quirks, and you have no defense against it. I think you're smart enough to understand that as well. I wouldn't blame you if you were scared. So, right now, I've activated my Quirk. If you're feeling too scared, just say 'Yes' and I'll knock you out for the event. I promise that I'll keep you safe and that you'll get to the next round."

Y/n smiled, and patted Shinso's shoulder, shaking his head no. He nodded and deactivated the Quirk, at which point, Y/n spoke.

Y/n: "They're the ones who need to be scared of me. Now come on, let's set a game plan."

Shinso: "...Alright, what are you thinking?"

Y/n observed the other people, placing his hand on his chin.

Y/n: "Midorya's obviously the prime target, there's gonna be a lot of people tunneling on him. There might be a few people targeting me as well, so, I'd say that our best bet is playing defensively. There's a lotta loudmouths here, I bet you we can bait them into saying something stupid to you and getting brainwashed. Going for Greenie might be a long shot but we should be able to take on the others-"

Y/n interrupted himself mid-thought as he saw Todoroki, looking at him for a second before going back to her group. He was reminded of her pity as a frown came to his face.

Shinso: "What are you looking at?"

Y/n: ".....Our main target. Change of plans, top priority is to get Todoroki's headband. We sneak up on her, we get her headband, then we skedaddle away from the big guys and get the small headbands."

Shinso nodded, and high fived Y/n, helping him onto the other students he brainwashed, and then taking his position at the head of the horses.

Y/n: The game plan has been set.....

Midnight raised her flag as all the teams got to the grounds, ready to attack.

Y/n: The pieces are in place....

She made a final check towards all the students, as the audience watched over them with bated breath. Y/n could feel so many eyes on him, and suddenly breathing was starting to seem difficult.

Midnight: "BEGIN!"

Y/n: "Let's play."

He whispered his catchphrase under his breath as his horses moved forward, towards Todoroki, who was predictably aiming for Greenie. Right as she had started to aim a bolt of ice at Midorya, Y/n grabbed her headband, although, as he did, he grunted in pain, feeling electricity shoot through him.

Pikachu: "Who the-hey, that's the Quirkless guy!"

Todoroki: "L/n?"

She turned to him in surprise. He was still being shocked, as he looked over her crew.

Y/n: Denki Kaminari, he zaps, he's probably a fly zapper. Momo Yaoyorozu(God, that's a stupidly long name), I'm pretty sure she makes stuff? In which case it makes sense that she probably made something to protect the others from the zappening...now that I think about it, that's probably the extra non headband cloth I see on everyone. And Ingenium Jr, he's there for escapes.