34. The Fallen Flower

TAEHYUNG'S POV

"You both will be sleeping in Taehyung's room tonight," my mom repeated the sentence for like the third time and when I realized what she had said, I fell down on my knees and cried out.  

"Mom! Let me go back home and let Jungkook stay here. Please!" I clapped my hands together and bowed down to her. I already kissed him like minutes back and if we are going to sleep together now, I think I am going to die from overthinking.

"Nope," she refused and I cried again. I looked at my father who sighed and said, "You both can't go back because there is a heavy rain tonight and it will be very hard for you both to get back to your place."

"But it is not rain—" Suddenly a thunderous boom rattled the windows and caused the house to tremble. I ran to the window and looked outside. It wasn't even raining.

"It was just the thun—" A drop of water fell on the window, then two, then three and slowly the water from the clouds above began to pour down. I gaped at the sky from my window and realized it was a light rain and it wasn't so heavy.

"It is just a light rain. So that means I can—" The light pattering noise of the rain turned into a raging noise and made the entire view outside foggy.

"WHY?" I cried out and banged the window with my hand, "WHY DID YOU HAVE TO RAIN NOW? WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN THE MORNING AND AFTERNOON AND EVENING?! WHY COULDN'T YOU FRICKING RAIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?! WHY—OW! THAT PAINS!"

I cried out when my mother twisted my ear and dragged me away from the window before I broke it from my continuous blows. She threw me on the sofa and put her hands on her hips. I knew what was coming and I was silently praying for my life. 

"Why are you so stressed about that, huh?" my mom asked, but this was a different tone, not like the one she used to use where she would look like a devil and shout till my ears broke, "You should be glad you are in here and not out there. Now both of you go and get a sound sleep. After all, you both have to wake up early for work, right? Good night."

My mom walked back to her room with my dad and shut the door close. What in the heck was that? I looked in front and saw Jungkook stifling a laugh. Why is he even laughing?

"Shall we?" he asked and I rolled my eyes at him. We both went up to my room and looked at the bed.

"I will sleep on the floor and you will sleep on the bed," I said and ran to get my extra quilt when suddenly I was thrown down on the bed with Jungkook lying on top of me.

"How about we both sleep on the bed tonight?" he asked and I shook my head. He chuckled and cupped my right cheek, "Why are you acting so weird? We have slept together so many times. I guess it wouldn't hurt to sleep one more time."

I sighed and pushed him away. I sat up and shifted to the wall, "Go and change your clothes. The night wear is in that drawer." He nodded and raced to change his clothes. I was sleepy, so I decided to hit the pillow before he comes. I remembered the flower behind my ear and got up again. I removed it and placed it in a glass of water. I watched as it floated up and down. 

I went back to the bed and laid down. I pulled the quilt over my body till my head was just popping out. 

So warm.

I heard the bathroom door open and I turned to the wall. I could feel the bed dip beside me and the quilt was raised a bit before it fell down again. I snuggled myself against the wall, but when I just did that, a pair of arms grabbed a hold of my waist and pulled me away from the hard, cold wall.

"What the—" 

"Sleep," he interrupted me and pulled me closer to him. My back was against his chest and I could feel the heat he was emitting. So warm. I turned around and snuggled against his chest for warmth.