04

━

CHAPTER FOUR
The Three Rhees

HANA LED GLENN into the cabin where Dae was laying down on the couch, a blanket on top of her. Cory watched cautiously from the door frame and Hana rolled her eyes at him, "He's our brother. He's not gonna hurt her."

Glenn knelt in front of his big sister while his little one situated herself next to him. The young man then stretched his arms out cautiously, placing a hand on Dae's as he smiled, "Dae? Hey, it's me."

Dae's eyes opened slowly until they landed on Glenn and they widened quickly. She sat up abruptly, her fingers tentatively brushing his cheek as if she was testing if he was really there. Glenn then leaned forward, meeting her hand. Dae gasped and cupped his face with both hands, tears welling in her eyes, "Am I dead or are you really here?"

"I'm really here." Glenn croaked out.

The oldest Rhee then pulled her brother in a tight hug, kissing his cheek as they swayed sideways. She then broke away and grinned at Glenn, her hand brushing his cheek, "You're okay!"

Glenn nodded as he sniffed, smiling, "I'm okay. Are you?"

"Oh, you know, pretty well considering the circumstances." Dae quipped lightly. 

"We're gonna get you checked out, okay?" Glenn said gently. "Don't worry. You'll be okay."

"I know what to do," The pretty woman with the short brown hair announced as she stepped forward, putting her bag down before she reached out to feel Dae's temperature. Hana didn't even notice she had entered. "I'll get my–"

Hana protectively stepped in front of her sister, "I asked for some of your medicine. That's all."

"Hana," Glenn hissed. "You can trust them. If not all of them, you can trust Maggie at least and her father. She's my girlfriend."

Hana blinked at her brother, then looked back at Maggie who cracked a half-smile. Hana grit her teeth, looking down at her sister before stepping aside, letting Maggie do what she had to.

"Glenn, get my father." The brunette ordered.

Glenn left then briefly returned with the old man who had vouched for not killing at her. He flashed her a warm smile before he knelt down in front of Dae.

"Hello. Dae, is it?" The old man asked. Dae nodded with a gentle smile. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Hershel. It appears we're practically in-laws."

Hana exhaled a large breath before she backed out the cabin that felt like it was closing in on her. Dae was safe with Glenn and Cory. She watched her siblings with the people they had found and grew to love and she couldn't help but resent it. They were her number one priority but she was pretty sure that she wasn't theirs.