21

━

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
Andrea

          HANA HAD A plan.

It might not have been the smartest plan or the greatest one, but it was the one she was going with. And one she'd have to find the right time to put into motion.

She left her cell with no cap or bandana on and her hair tied in a ponytail – her entire face on full display. She still had black eyes, they weren't as swollen, but still noticeable. She guessed the good thing about having them and the scar on her face, no one would know where to look.

She walked into the common room with her head held high despite the fraction of fear in her. People stared at her for a second until they knew what was best for them. It was quiet in the room as Hana got her breakfast from Carol. Had Hana been in a better mood, she would have expressed to the woman that she was glad she was alive and not lost in the tombs.

Instead of sitting down with the others like she usually did, Hana walked out and back into her cell. She wasn't exactly in the mood for small talk. And she felt too guilty.

She sat on the floor of her cell with her back to the wall as she silently ate her bowl of porridge. The bowl was warm in her hands and the porridge itself was sweet, giving her some level of serotonin. She loved porridge.

Her hand then went to her forehead, her finger tracing the length of her scar. Not wearing her cap or banana felt weird. They had become another level of skin to her and another level of protection. And now she felt... naked and vulnerable. But she had survived.

A shadow cast over her and she looked up to see Will outside her cell. "Hey." He greeted sheepishly.

"Hi." Hana replied as she put her breakfast aside and stood up. She looked at him to see his cheekbone bruised from where she punched him and she felt an ounce of guilt. She had been avoiding him since she woke up the other day. "How's your arm?"

He looked down at his arm and nodded with a smile. "It's fine. Just a graze. Hershel patched me up nicely."

"Yeah, he's good at that." Hana mused. Silence settled over the two of them and she cleared her throat. "Listen, I never had the chance to thank you. For what you did back at Woodbury. If you fought, I might have been left with more than a couple of bruises and a concussion."

Will met her eyes, his dark ones filled with guilt. "It's the least I could do."

"Yeah." Hana agreed.

"Your group has called a meeting to talk about what to do." Will informed. Hana didn't miss the way he referred to them as her group. "Thought you should know."