18

━

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
The Fight

HANA LOOKED AROUND as the crowd of Woodbury yelled and screamed at her. She then spotted Daryl on the sidelines trying to get to her, but was being held back by half a dozen of the Governor's men.

Her eyes grew wide as she tried to run towards him, only to be stopped by Martinez tutting. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"Let him go." Hana demanded lowly. "I won't put up a fight if you let him go."

"I'm not trusting anything you say." Martinez seethed.

Hana was then suddenly shoved into the arena. She tripped over her own feet, falling to the floor with her hands out. She looked up to see Will standing in front of her, a look of brief panic on his face. One of them was making it out of the circle and Hana wanted it to be her. An hour ago, she wanted to hurt him. But now she wasn't so sure.

Pushing herself off the ground, she stood on her feet. The two teenagers stared at each other, not knowing what to do.

"Punch me!" Will urged as he licked his lips. "Come on, Hana!"

"What? You want me to punch you?" Hana hissed.

"Hana, look at me!" Will demanded. A small smile etched on the corner of his lips. "I can take it. It's okay. If you don't, they'll kill us both. It's okay. It's okay."

He was right. She had no choice.

Hana clenched her hands into fists before she swung her right arm into him, her hand erupting in pain. The cheers grew louder around them and Hana wanted nothing more than to shut them up.

She heard Julian's distant voice somewhere in the crowd and her heart dropped.

"Keep going." Will encouraged, a patch of red forming on his cheekbone. "It's okay. C'mon."

"I'm sorry." Hana murmured before she kneed him in the stomach.

Will fell to his knees, a grunt passing his lips.

"Keep going." He repeated. "You have to. Hit me harder, Han. I know you want to."

Hana hesitated before she swung her arm at him again, erupting that same pain in her hand. When Will looked back at her, his jet black hair fell over his forehead as his nose was now bleeding.

He grit his teeth. "Again."

Hana licked her lips before she charged into him with all her strength and tackled him into the ground, pressing her elbow into him. "You gotta hit me back, Will." She said lowly. "Come on. I can take it."

Will's eyes flashed with reluctance before he kicked her back. But it was possibly the lightest kick in the world. He didn't want to hurt her.

It was then clear that Will was not putting up much of a fight, making a less entertaining show. The Governor stepped forward. "Take him out!" He ordered. "Luke, here's your chance to avenge your brother."