0|6 : Bad Timing

Pffft.

Gary couldn't hold in his laugh as he came down stairs spotting his supposed Taxi driver to Alola. Ash was somehow covered in decorative strings and ornaments, standing stock still like a tree if not swaying a bit.

Walking down the last few steps, he saw the culprits of this out of character moment. Digging through a box of ornaments was his friends partner, Pikachu and a small toddler around the age of five.

He burst out laughing, "I see you still have a soft spot for children, Ashy-boy. How kind of you to be the Christmas tree, here let me go grab the lights." He laughed harder when he received a glare from his old rival and friend.

Entering the living room he sat on the couch closest to Ash, chuckling at Ash's weakness towards kids and only then did he notice the awkward situation. Across the room, Delia was standing talking to older sister Daisy who while she hid it well locked like she wanted to be anywhere but there. His grandpa wasn't doing much better glancing between Ash and his aunt, giving a concerned look toward Delia's boyfriend Archer (who he had recently learned had been a part of Team Rocket a long time ago).

Archer on the other hand was open happy smiles as he helped his son and his nephews Pikachu pick out ornaments not made form glass or other easily breakable material. Not forgetting to tell his son all about his older cousin Ash and how strong he was.

A glance back at Ash whose expression had softened when Pikachu and his cousin came over to hang more ornaments off him, he sighed. "You really came at a bad time."

His friend gave the slightest shake of his head obviously not wanting any ornaments to fall, "There's nothing wrong with the time I came here, though it might be a bit tight getting on our flight. You all packed? And where's Dexy I haven't seen her in a few weeks?"

"I'm all packed and ready to go. What about you I don't see any luggage out here? Dexy is sleeping upstairs she's been following your little cousin Arty around, his names Arthur just so you know doesn't seem like your Aunt will tell you and Archer seems a little occupied." Gary replied softly watching his friends face for any indication that he was hurt by that fact so he could have them leave immediately to help his friend.

But it seemed that he was worried for nothing as Ash merely hummed, "I don't need to pack anything, Dexy is connected to my account so I can buy whatever I need there and she has all my Pokémon."

Nodding in understanding Gary turned to look at Delia again who seemed to be now scolding Arthur for trying to take a glass ornaments. 'Ahh their both taking the route mutually ignoring each other.' He sighed.

"Our flights is in around three hours, so enjoy yourself for an hour or so, maybe take the time to get to know Arty. I'm going to grab Umbreon and some of the others." Getting up he cast on last glance toward the oddly in harmony pair of Aunt and nephew before going out back to grab his own team.

'Hmm I'll have to remind ash to still keep at least six Pokémon on hand. Maybe I should scold Dexy to... it's a bit dangerous for all his Pokémon to be on one device what if someone steals it... ughhh why is everything so complicated!'

- - - • - - -
Author Note:

Hey loves! Another chapter out that seems a bit late and short but I need more time to collect my thoughts! Also I wish you all a late Merry Christmas!

Thanks to everyone who submitted a character by the way it really helps out!

By the way go check out my other Pokémon Story "The One With Apathetic Eyes" where an abused Ash's bond with his and other peoples Pokémon have caused some strange side effects!

Again thanks for all the support! Lily loves you all lots! (Like seriously it kills me sometimes how much I love all you strangers 😂😅) Have a WONDERFUL day!!