0|3 : Am I Supposed To Care?

Running out of the lab with Pikachu on his shoulder Ash was excited to finally leave once again. But this excitement came to an abrupt end as he remembered he'd have to stop by his home and tell his mother, Delia.

The thought of his mother trying to guilt-trip and pressure him into staying with her a while, completely souring his mood.

He did love her and all, however she was always stuck in the past. Once she had even thought him to be her husband before quickly realizing it had been him. Her neediness despite secretly having a boyfriend was very annoying. Especially the fact that said person checked up on him to make sure he was safe unlike his own mother.

Not that it mattered much to him since he was always gone. As these thoughts reached him his pace slowed til it stopped.

"Pika pi?"

Pikachu licked his ear seeing something was wrong. Ash giggled, "Hehe I'm okay Pikachu..."

Looking at the cloudy dark sky and the drizzling rain Ash took off his hat and placed it on his partners head. "I don't want you getting a cold now do I."

Turning his head he looked at Dexy who was floating behind him, "Dexy will you be okay in the rain? You can always stay in my jacket."

"Pika pi!"

"Rzzt Thank you for the offer Pikachu, Ash but I'm perfectly okay you don't need to worry about me. But Ash will you be okay?"

"Yeah don't worry, I'll be fine. It's just I have a feeling that something bad is gonna happen."

Expressing his thoughts, he quickly cleared his mind and started toward their destination. It didn't even take two minutes before they arrived at home. But even from outside he feel a solemn air within the house.

Ignoring it he placed a overjoyed grin on his face and filled his eyes with excitement. Reaching for the doors handle he went over the plan in his head. I got second place in the League but Diantha invited me to a training camp run by her. I'll be gone for a few years but I'll make sure to call you on occasions.

It was a perfectly good excuse and his mother wouldn't suspect a thing as she normally didn't pay him much attention.

Prepared to push the door open he was suddenly startled as he heard familiar voices inside arguing.

"You have no right to tell him to give up! He got second place and if you hadn't noticed Alain is two years older than him!"

"Sawyer give it up. Stop trying to defend him he's lost a total of eight leagues now!"

"Shut up Brock you should know better than anyone how much he's sacrificed so that he can help all of you jerks reach your own goals!"

"Your right I do know know which is why I'm saying he should give up! He has great talent and his love for Pokémon is strong. Which is perfect for a gym leader."

"You don't know anything than if you think just being a gym leader can satisfy talent like that!"

"Sawyer if you're going to fight all of us on this then you should just leave."

"I won't! I won't let you do this to him!"

"Why do you defend him, he's such a kid. Always whining."

"If it wasn't for Ash holding me back me and Dawn would likely have won every contest!"

"Yeah right May, you sucked at contests. If it wasn't for Ash helping you I'm sure you'd have failed. Hate to break it to you but even Ash got a better score than you and Dawn on his first contest."