0|2 : Complications to the Plan, Meet Dexy

The sun was rising into the sky when the Doduo let out its morning cry, waking Ash from his peaceful sleep. Before even opening his eyes his nose picked up on the smell of bacon and his body subconsciously reacted scooping up Pikachu into his arms and placing him carefully on his head in order to not wake him, before walking to its source.

Rubbing his eyes sleepily and letting out a small yawn his messy appearance was enough to make any girls swoon over him.

"I see your finally awake, my boy. Gary's making you something for breakfast why don't you just sit down in the living room and wait?"

"Brea... breakfast? How long was I asleep Professor and when did Gary get back?"

Looking at the confused but serious boy the Professor sighed for what seemed like the tenth time, "You've slept for nearly 8 hours, it's almost 7:00 am. Gary got back 2 hours ago. He was in agony being unable to punch your peaceful sleeping face."

Ash scowled at him when he heard the time. He hadn't wanted to waste so much time. Each and every single second was precious to achieve his Pokémon's goals.

"Ash why don't you go help Gary make the Pokémon food for everyone."

"That's a great idea! I've been practicing a lot!"

Ash bolted to the kitchen with new found excitement. It's not that he'd forgotten but he really couldn't complain about getting a good nights sleep. He definitely felt more alert and relaxed.

Watching the genuine smile grow on the serious face he had always worn the Professor couldn't help but smile wearily. Especially after seeing Pikachu manage to stay on the boy's head despite still being asleep.

Turning his head he looked at his computer and desk before turning to look at the Pokédex and letter in his hand.

"Rotom it seems it's about time you join your trainer on a trip."

"Rrrzzzt Rtzzz!"

The computers screen flashed as the Pokémon's call resounded.

"Ah I just hope Delia doesn't take it to hard. She seems like she's having a hard time being alone again, with him always being gone like his father was."

- - • - -

*Timeskip* (Cause I'm to lazy to write about cooking/baking...)

To everyone's surprise Ash was a natural Pokémon chef. The Pokémon food he made was so masterful that even a human being would love to eat it!

Who can brag about something like that!

To his surprise Charizard had long realized how worthless it was to try and get his 'crush's' attention. Returning to Professor Oak's, he was actually quite eager to join Ash again though still sending a Flamethrower toward him for taking so long. In fact that was how most of his Pokémon reacted, leaving him dodging attacks left and right. Being stampeded by Taurus was inevitable however. But through the whole ordeal he was smiling brightly and laughing sheepishly.

The carefree look of joy he wore was more than enough to melt one's heart compared to the look commonly plastered on his face.

After his family calmed down he explained that he was going to leave again but this time they were all going with him, even all the Taurus.

Hearing this they were all filled with joy but Gary shot them down pointing out a major flaw,

"That's impossible Ashy boy. A trainer can only can carry six Pokémon with them at all times there are no expectations."

"That's something he won't have to worry about thanks to a few certain Champions as well as a special Pokémon. Ash, this is Rotom Dex seeing as your Rotom doesn't quite enjoy staying here I think it's time you take her with you."

Professor Oak came out with a strange device floating behind him as if on queue a face appeared on it and a small female voice sounded,

"Rzzt Calibrating.... Logging.... System Start Complete. Hello I'm Rotom Dex but for name sake just call Dexy. I hope you'll take me along Trainer Ash!"

Ash's eyes practically turned into stars as he heard Dexy, happily introducing himself again and asking her all kinds of questions. Professor Oak laughed while Gary stared dumb struck at the talking Pokédex.

"Rotom Dex has been programmed with complete data on all known Pokémon in each region you've visited. Even if you're in a new one she is a self learning Dex and therefore can be of much help! With the permission of the League I have given you permission to carry any number of Pokémon with you and your Trainer information has been updated to her. All they ask in return is that you participate in the New League that's being built in the Alola region. "

The smile on Ash's face dropped hearing the 'request'. But Oak continued,

"Not to worry the League won't be opened until another five years or so. Therefore you have plenty of time to practice and train."

Releasing a breath of relief Ash thanked the Professor who had supported him his whole life and understood him like a father. Quietly he listened to Dexy's ability to store Pokéballs as chips in her system turning the occupants into data temporarily and giving them a large area to stay. Returning his family with the expectation of Pikachu and well of course Dexy, he prepared to leave immediately not wanting to waste more time.

Gary laughed seeing his friend like that especially when he was getting ready to leave.

"Hey Ashy boy don't you still need to go tell Delia before you leave she is your mother after all!?"

"Mother...? Oh yeah I guess you're right see ya later I'm going to leave right after I stop by home and tell her."

"Smell ya later loser!"

"Be safe on your travels my boy!"