0|7 : Off To A New Region

Gary noticed it almost immediately. The switch in his childhood friends personality the moment they boarded the plane and were away from people he knew.

The optimistic and overly cheerful facade that had become such a strong habit to his old rival, that he struggled to stay as his real self for more then five minutes when surrounded by people, even if they were people he trusted.

Even Gary didn't know his old friend that well. No only his Pokémon knew his friend, and that was the reality of it only Pokémon and young kids knew the real Ashton Auraleira Ketchum.

———————————————————————

Ash sighed as Gary and him boarded the plane, Dexy returned to her Pokéball while the Dex was left in his suitcase. A ridiculous smile plastered on his face that made his cheeks hurt. Pikachu looked at him in resignation and sadness from his shoulder as well but quickly perked up.

Ash was in fact excited to explore a new region he always was. But Arceus's warning had made him feel resigned to the truth he'd be experiencing troubles there as well, but he was also promised help with them.

Staring out the window as the plane took off not in the mood to play Rat Screw with Pikachu and Gary he wondered silently what he would find in this new region which was smaller then any he had been to. During his time on Mt. Silver he had meet a number of wonderful trainers and their partners that he looked forward to seeing again; Caring Azriel and his strong Garchomp, the slightly timid Kira and his Aggron, the straightforward Jack and his partners Umbreon and Weavile, the twins Sky and Jimmy with their [waiting] and [waiting], the noble Fern and her Persian, the cold Bryan and his Cinderace, Hunter and his Gengar and lastly Obsidian and her Luxray.

All nine of them as well as another one whose name he never got were trainers that stood out among the rest who braved the harsh weather to challenge him. Even if none of them won against him they all brought their own sort of challenge that made him look forward to seeing them again.

A light of excitement entered his eyes at the very thought. He'd gotten to know them all pretty well during times where they got stuck on the mountain with him during blizzards that ran in during their battles. He hoped they would all be coming to Alola for the new League.

It wasn't just them either there was also Vent and Jori who he had separated from a year ago. While the two were a handful he liked them enough to keep their company during his mission in the Unknown and isolated region of Neo Arcadia. Jori despite being slightly older then him acted like a child which allowed Ash to relax.

There was also his old rivals and travel companions like Brock, Dawn, Paul, Drew, Trip, and Sawyer. And his almost siblings like Max and Bonnie. He wasn't sure how to handle Serana and his other companions from Kalos as they hadn't been present during his Aunt's trickery but he'd figure it out.

He sighed despite his excitement at seeing old friends. Despite this being his first vacation in a while he didn't think he could relax unless he was with children or just with his Pokémon. And having to act like a student was going to be torturous. He couldn't even live alone while there the League setting it up so he was staying at the local Professor's.

Taking a glance over at his Buddy and old rival, Ash decided to take this rare moment to sleep. He'd wallow in his misery at being surrounded by people again was they were on the ground.