0|5 : Picking Up An Old Friend

The sun shined upon the earth through the scattered clouds with an early morning glow. A gentle breeze giving the air a soft chill as the tan bird Pokémon, both big and small, flew in the sky.

It was a perfect morning in Pallet Town with nothing out of pla- AHEM, except for the large winged reptilian beast which gracefully flew before the rising sun.

A top it's back however was a duo currently dying of a minor heat stroke. One couldn't blame them much either as they had spent the last four years in a region with nice weather. Not to mention that they had stayed on Mt. Silver for the last year waiting for confirmation from the League.

Because let's face it Ash was in no way going to show his face unless he knew for certain that his old rival was back home and the New League was still happening. So from a nice temperature to freezing cold to blistering heat at the mercy of the sun, our two heroes thought they were dying.

"Char— Charizard... quickly drop me and Pika... in the Professor's lake!" Ash pleaded with his first fire starter, though as he registered himself and his yellow mouse companion suddenly plummeting toward the ground he strayed to question his microwaved brain.

Nearly drowning in the lake, Ash laughed sheepishly after glaring at the fire lizard and fake dragon. "Pika pi!" Pikachu cursing the overgrown lizard with him.

Still they both sighed as they lay at the shore of the water feeling far more alive. "How did I survive here all those years ago? It's so hot!"

Charizard snorted and Ash made note to not entrust the lizard with anything other than battling. Groaning he picked up his buddy and left the annoying lizard to dwell in his Pokéball as he made his way toward the Lab giggling along with the captured and wild Pokémon in the forest at the squelching of his shoes and clothes.

Arriving at the Lab he paused as he contemplated his entrance. Freezing he shook his head Pikachu laughing with him obviously aware of what he was thinking. Jori had rubbed off on him the last few years if he cared for things like that. Vent hadn't helped much either often falling to Jori along with him.

With a smile he walked over to the back door and knocked. That smile growing even larger as the door opened revealing the old worn face of his favorite Pokémon Professor whose eyes widened in shock. "Ash! Your home! I mean Dexy's been here a while but you're really here! It's great to see you!"

Ash laughed, "Yeah, just for a bit though. I'm here to pick up Gary like you asked Professor."

- - - • - - -
Author Note:

HeyO people and well strangers IMMMMMM BAAAACKKKK!!! Did any of you forget the existence of myself? Hehe I'd be surprised if you didn't seeing how SLOW I am. But I'm back at least for a little while!

There are a few mistakes in the plot already that I need to fix, it's also one of the reasons I've struggled to update. But I'm working on it I have another week of nothing before I die under online school to solve the problem!

Anyways thanks for the support! Lily loves you lots!