-5-

Seonghwa was in the office. It was 9 a.m. and he just couldn't think clearly. Yesterday he lost his best friend in the house fire. He and his partner Hongjoong were informed to come and investigate. When Seonghwa turned the ID card over and saw Felix's name and picture, he couldn't believe it. He felt sick and couldn't go on. For most of it Hongjoong took over for his boyfriend and came to the conclusion that it didn't look like a cable was the cause of the fire. The room itself reeked of gasoline.

When Seonghwa had the courage and saw the remains of Felix, he immediately noticed something on his forearm. Felix had no tattoos. The symbol was very noticeable and stood out. What Seonghwa found strange was that the symbol resembled an umbrella and Felix hated those things. So why should he ink something like this on his skin?

After a number of investigations initiated on the basis of the new evidence, everyone came to the conclusion that the fire could not have been a coincidence. But since no evidence could be made solid, the investigation was discontinued again. Seonghwa couldn't believe it. He was firmly convinced that Felix was murdered and that the symbol was a mark of the murderer. As if he were marking his work.

Seonghwa was still in thought when the door of their office opened and Hongjoong stuck his head in.

"There is a so-called Mr. Jeong Yunho who wants to report a missing person." Hongjoong told Seonghwa with a sad smile. He knew that the older was still stressed because of the death of his best friend but if he really felt this miserable he could've stayed home and taken the day off.

Seonghwa got up and followed Hongjoong into the room where the said man was already sitting.

"I know that I've been here before and reported my buddy as missing, but this time I can prove that he didn't run off abroad." Yunho was out of breath. As soon as the door had opened he couldn't hold himself back anymore. He looked at the two officers with wide eyes and waited for one of the two to declare him crazy, but only got a motion of hands that he should continue after they sat down.

"Okay so, I received a call from his landlord saying that Yeosang has not paid rent for months and has not deregistered his apartment. On the contrary, he had just extended his lease. If he wanted to go abroad, he would have never extended his lease so shortly beforehand. I also received a call from the boss of his part-time job and he said that Yeosang had never signed off there and he had even applied for a full-time position. Yesterday, I was at his apartment and a neighbor asked me about him because he wanted to help her but one day he just disappeared in the morning. He only had a small bag with him! Is that how you would run off abroad? Something just doesn't feel right." Yunho ended while breathing hard. He just threw every information at the two in front of him without waiting for their responses. He was really concerned about his best friend that he couldn't close his eyes at night.

"Yeah, that's really very strange. We're going to order a search warrant for his home and see what we can find there." Hongjoong spoke up, trying to calm the man down.

After a search warrant had been approved, they had found a lot of pictures and notes on a wall in the apartment. The names Choi San and Jung Wooyoung were mentioned several times. The pictures showed two persons which seemed to be the owners of the mentioned names. One of the two was always crossed out and the other was highlighted.

"Mr. Jeong, do you know if Mr. Kang had a crush on someone? Or a stalkeric behavior? And do you know someone named Choi San or Jung Wooyoung?" Seonghwa asked the nervous boy in front of him after they called him to their office one week later.

"I don't know if Yeosang had a crush on someone. I only know that he had a boyfriend named Choi Jongho and that he is in prison but he broke up with him after he was sentenced for life. About those two names... I know both. They went to the same school as I and they were a couple." Yunho answered the officers questions and waited for their response.